Used 2016 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:

New day, same problem
By James L

2016 Jaguar XF S 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have had my Jaguar SF S for a bit over a year. In that timeframe, I have had to take it to Jaguar Fort Lauderdale on 5 separate occasions for the same issue. My rear door retains about a gallon of water each time it rain profusely and each time my car stays in the shop longer only for me to discover the next time it rains, the problem is not solved. The second time they had my car, they even drilled a nice hole on the interior of the door which has never been patched. Each time I call corporate to ask what can be done, I get informed that they will fix it to the best of their ability in relation to my warranty and that I have no other means of recourse. Clearly this isn't within the first 4 times of them trying. The only reason I didn't write this review earlier is because I have an excellent person I see each time named Ken Serra. If it wasn't for him, I would have sold my car and gone to a better dealer/make long ago. I really hope the 5th time is the charm because missing work to drop off my car is getting old.

XF has multiple personalities — it's a good thing!
By Rob Gordon

2016 Jaguar XF 35t R-Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I like my Jag's ability to comfortably ease on down the road, eating up the highway... and it can just as quickly be confidently flung around like the sports sedan it is. Other than a transmission issue at delivery, the R-Sport I purchased has been problem-free, back to the dealer only for the free one year service, which I enjoyed not paying for. It feels so very tight, and light. The interior is kinda weak, design is minimalist and flat, and they should have put a few more bucks into the carpet quality, and let's face it, the XF is not flashy, though the front end and side view is very slick. Buy the XF for yourself, for its capabilities and feel. If you need to have a bedazzled car to impress people you don't know, go ahead and be "that guy" and skip the XF. I only wish I'd known about and waited for the wagon version.

Great Little Kitty
By James Reeves

2016 Jaguar XF 35t Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

The room in the back seat is tight. If you are consistently transporting people in the back seat this may not be the car for you.

Price of Prestige
By Neha S

2016 Jaguar XF S 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Jaguar, the brand known for prestige and comfort, or at least that's what I thought when I took my business to the dealership to pay the price for a New Jaguar XF. It has only been a year and half since I've owned my vehicle, and although the relationship started off great, it quickly deteriorated. Starting with electrical problems when my windows wouldn't roll down. There are already issues with the spark plugs misfiring, there have been two recalls I've been notified of. It's like paying for a 5 star hotel only to end up with no hot water and dirty sheets in the room. The embarrassment associated with driving an expensive vehicle I spent a ridiculous amount of money on for such poor quality work makes me feel as if I've been tricked. I feel as if I've paid the price for an emblem, not a car worthy of that price tag.

Falls short on the details that make a difference
By Hollywood

2016 Jaguar XF 35t Prestige 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Computer is very slow to load navigation and audio. Auto Start/Stop feature feels like car has stalled. Should be user defeat-able. It can only be disabled per trip, not forever. It does NOT have a locking mechanism to secure the fuel door (United States). Really, anyone can siphon gas or contaminate it? It can take a minute or more to have the music start, and even several minutes to enter an address in to the navigation. Backup camera has a warning banner on screen that blocks view long enough to back out of my driveway or parking spaces. It's a beautiful car and drives nice. Plenty of power, but I have yet to get the minimum listed gas mileage.