Used 2016 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:

Great Little Kitty
By James Reeves

2016 Jaguar XF 35t Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

The room in the back seat is tight. If you are consistently transporting people in the back seat this may not be the car for you.

Price of Prestige
By Neha S

2016 Jaguar XF S 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Jaguar, the brand known for prestige and comfort, or at least that's what I thought when I took my business to the dealership to pay the price for a New Jaguar XF. It has only been a year and half since I've owned my vehicle, and although the relationship started off great, it quickly deteriorated. Starting with electrical problems when my windows wouldn't roll down. There are already issues with the spark plugs misfiring, there have been two recalls I've been notified of. It's like paying for a 5 star hotel only to end up with no hot water and dirty sheets in the room. The embarrassment associated with driving an expensive vehicle I spent a ridiculous amount of money on for such poor quality work makes me feel as if I've been tricked. I feel as if I've paid the price for an emblem, not a car worthy of that price tag.

Falls short on the details that make a difference
By Hollywood

2016 Jaguar XF 35t Prestige 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Computer is very slow to load navigation and audio. Auto Start/Stop feature feels like car has stalled. Should be user defeat-able. It can only be disabled per trip, not forever. It does NOT have a locking mechanism to secure the fuel door (United States). Really, anyone can siphon gas or contaminate it? It can take a minute or more to have the music start, and even several minutes to enter an address in to the navigation. Backup camera has a warning banner on screen that blocks view long enough to back out of my driveway or parking spaces. It's a beautiful car and drives nice. Plenty of power, but I have yet to get the minimum listed gas mileage.

Love my new XF - 2016 Redesign
By Mic Jaguar

2016 Jaguar XF 35t Prestige 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

So...I've owned pretty much every German brand, a few Japanese cars and two American sports cars. I wasn't even considering Jaguar as option this go-around, but stopped at the dealership to check out the XE (boy was that TOO small). Then I sat in the XF and realized this was the perfect car (fit and finish). Once I took it for a test drive I was hooked. It feels like a big cat ready to leap out of it's skin! PROS: Acceleration, Exhaust note, Handling, Exterior looks, Interior comfort, Entertainment System, Space for family of 4, Touches of comfort not found in competing German brands, Warranty and Service plan included. CONS: Not many, but I've had a small rattle on the passenger side door, however, Jaguar has been great about isolating and fixing AND the Auto start/stop feature is maddening (just need to get used to turning it off when you start the car). I highly recommend the XF!

My fast running Jaguar gets me in trouble!
By Linda DeStefani

2016 Jaguar XF S 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

If you like fast wild cats then this car is for you! I'm about to lose my license because my Jaguar loves to run fast and CHiPs aren't impressed! So, I have 2 reckless-driving speeding tickets I can't "work off"! "Cruising" (?) down the road, listening to the news, not using my cruse control, I got pulled over outside of Barstow doing 92 MPH! Even though my speed is posted in the window, I was so unaware that I had reached that MPH that I was shocked! If Jaguar would maker a noisy, not easy to control/drive car I wouldn't have to hire someone to be "Driving Miss Linda" around! I love my car! Since there isn't a dealership nearby, there are just a few Jags here which makes it unique. My car gets a lot of attention because it's styling is wonderful! I'm so pleased I have camera's everywhere because I can't judge how close or far I am from curbs! I still haven't tried to learn how to use "auto park" and living in a small city area, I really don't need to. My car hasn't been in the "shop" which is super since the dealer is a 1 1/2 hour distance away. I tinted the windows which makes the car even more stylish. The dash instruments are easy to use and more attractive where they're placed. I needed a BIG trunk and this one is the best! Both back seats and arm rest bend down so I don't need to ask a handyman to haul things for me . I previously had a 2009 Jag that was in for repairs" only once, so I think Jag's reputation is now restored. I see on T.V. that Queen Elizabeth and others drive Jags so if it's good enough for a queen then it should be just "the cats meow" for us!