Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

Used CR-V for Sale
Select your model:
12345...38

Pros
Cons

So far so good

Jackie, 03/15/2010

I traded in my 07 mustang gt for a 09 cr-v. So this review is from one end of the spectrum to the other. Totally not what i was looking for but after a problem ridden mustang i was looking for reliability and affordability at the pump. I don't get as much mpg as what i would have hoped, about 18.5 but I've been trying to watch my lead food. Total cost of ownership has been great. I had read road noise was a problem for some people, but the dronr i had with the stang must have made my ears numb to it cause it doesn't bother me at all. Performance is a bummer but again, going from 300 hp to160ish would be. But Overall i am not at all disappointed in making the switch!

2009 CR-V EX-L w/nav

mwg, 05/14/2010

This is not the first CR-V that I have owned. I find it very comfortable to drive. Handles well and has more than enough power. I like the interior styling but find that it is somewhat cheaply made and marks up fairly easily. Gas mileage is fairly consistent around 20-22 mpg city and 23-25 highway. Nice fun to drive vehicle. I would not recommend the navigation system. Routing is not very good and updates are very expensive (get a Garmin or Magellan instead).

Runs Great - Poor Interior Design

Fitzee, 11/01/2016
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I get that this car was designed before social media. While I love the car itself (holds its value, runs great, good in the snow) the interior design SUCKS. There is NO place to put your phone. Unless you want it in the giant covered pocket in the console where, because it has no "not an ashtray" (like my Pilot did), I have to keep my spare change. The USB port is buried way down the bottom of the dashboard, not easy to get it & you need a long cord running to your phone to keep it charged. The AUX port is buried in the "box" between the seats. Since I play my ipod alot (& this car has no built in Bluetooth) I have a cord coming out of there for my music as well. People always ask me how I like my car. I always say "nice car, sucky interior design". I'm now looking at a newer CRV, the design inside seems better. Course in my opinion, it couldn't be much worse than this one.

Wanted an appliance kinda car and got just that!

EJG, 12/14/2017
LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First of all, I have owned 30+ various vehicles and have been in the auto repair biz for 20+ years, so I feel that I am somewhat unbiased. My wife was driving a Lexus sedan and we really needed a more versatile vehicle with 2 small children, and needed to find something more financially economical than a luxury sedan with higher miles. I wanted a washing machine kind of vehicle, something that just works, has no quirks and has just needs gas, tires, brakes and fluids for 200,000 miles. This CR-V definitely delivers. The Good: Small and nimble, lots of cargo room, pretty good on fuel, and virtually no maintenance besides the basics. Also good visibility and easy to drive. The not so good: Very noticeable road noise, buzzy engine, weird leather seat material that feels like rubber, and short wheelbase means a rougher ride than expected. I had to add a back up camera and a remote start, I wish they would have came standard as they are pretty useful when parking in the city and driving in the winter. In a nutshell, if you are hoping for a something comfortable and luxurious, this will probably not meet your demands, but if you want something economical and versatile a CR-V is just the ticket.

reliable and fun to drive

Laura V-D., 06/01/2018
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

No problems in 7 yrs. of ownership. Great car in all kinds of weather! Very reliable and lots of room in cargo to haul stuff or dogs.

12345...38