Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 239 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I always love a honda, but.
By Dale M.

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Okay, I have an accord Sport 2013. This post is 2017 January. I have 73,000 miles and drive in Wisconsin. Exterrior is great. Still looks great. Clearcoat and paint are like new. No rust on any panels, hood or underneath. Replacing tires soon. Breaks have been grabby around 40,000. Highway miles Dailey. Drive 38 miles one way a day. Interior materials remain new looking. No creaks or squeaks. I have replaced nothing so far over the 4 years. One major annoyance, and my research shows it is a fault with the Honda engine is the Variable speed. After 30,000, they will begin to rattle at first start up. The oil drain from the compartment over a period of hours and before oil is injected back in the engine sounds like a big rattle for 1 second. It is hardly noticeable inside, but outside sounds poorly. HONDA will not replace or fix this engine fault because it is a nuisance and not a safety problem. The part is $70 dollars in materials and a 4 hour labor. With 90 dollars an hour that is about a $500 fix. Two other detractors are (1) front seats are stiff, material is solid, but are too short in the leg. (2) Bluetooth has much to be desired. Microphone is a problem. Other than that, a great car.

ALMOST THERE!!!
By Experienced DRIVER!!!

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The 2013 Honda Accord is almost there if Honda would improve in areas that customers have complained about for almost 20 years. The 4cyl engine in my Accord is efficient for the most part but it has a loud cheap clattering sound when idle. Honda should also make navigation standard in the EX and above models especially for the asking price. There is no need to have two large screens in the middle of the dash just to make the interior look more technologically advanced. My brakes which are new and just installed by a Honda dealership need more work because sometimes they will brake as expected and other times the braking distance is almost doubled which has scared us several times. It is a good car overall but Honda has to pay more attention to the small details.

LOVE MY 2013 ACCORD
By sharon

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Its a great car four and a half years old and not one problem. MY car paid for now but worth every penny

My 1st car in 40 years
By Greg West

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I should have bought a Honda along time ago.

Excellent car. (6/29/17).

It's ok for a daily driver
By mark

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

It's a Honda, not a Mercedes, so my expectations weren't that high to begin with. The 4 cylinder model is not a race car by any means, but the CVT does a decent job at putting the power down where you need it and delivering a nice smooth take off from a stop night. It can feel a little slow and underpowered at first, but once you're up to speed it feels comfortable. Drives in a straight line, easy to keep a constant speed, low rolling resistance, and it steers with precision and refinement around corners. I find the steering to be too loose and over-assisted, sometimes over bumpy pavement especially around curves I have a hard time keeping the wheel placed in one spot because of how loose it feels...but it still delivers a precise and agile feeling. The brakes could be better, they vibrate a little and it sometimes requires finesse to get the car to stop smoothly, but they provide a nice firm response and a solid bite. The car also jerks when slowing to a stop, usually around 10 mph, but it's nothing severe that would bother me. I've had cars with far more annoying jerks and clunks, so a little bit of jerkiness here and there doesn't concern me. In stop and go traffic I find the CVT performs well, it delivers a smooth take-off unlike some traditional automatics that tend to hunt for gears in traffic. The ride quality could use some improvement, it's quite harsh and violent over bumps. The leather seats in my EX-L model are quite hard and unsupportive, I often feel like I'm sitting "on" the seat rather than "in" the seat. I find the overall feel of the cabin is a bit cold and utilitarian. Handling of the vehicle is adequate for the class. It has somewhat of an "old school" Honda zippy feel, but a great amount of that classic Honda feeling was lost due to government regulations and recent manufacturing standards. The bluetooth connectivity and media sources are finicky and complicated to use, the infotainment system seems to have a mind of its own. For example, I cannot plug my phone into the USB jack and use Pandora at the same time. The second I plug my phone in, Pandora stops working. There doesn't seem to be any way to get around this issue. I've also had issues getting Pandora to stream properly. I'd say about half the time it doesn't work unless I restart the pandora app on my phone, or exit out of the Pandora system in the car, change to a different media source, and then open up pandora again. Sometimes I've even needed to restart the whole car at a red light just to get it to work. It's also unnecessarily complicated to flip through radio stations. You twist the tuning knob expecting it to just jump to the next station, but instead it brings up a menu and you have to manually select which station you want and press it using the knob, or you can use the arrows on the touch screen. Both methods are extremely distracting and unnecessary. Again, it's not perfect, but it's certainly far from the worst car I've driven. It's easy to drive, and easy to park. If you're like most of America and just want a simple, easy to drive commuter car, the Accord will suit you just fine. Been over 3 years and the car has needed nothing.