Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 224 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda
By Don Walker

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

You will not be dissapointed the price and the car outstanding. Very dependable and very stylish

Great performance needs improvement for the price
By Joe Gillie

2013 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Had the car for 4 months and 4k miles. Bought it used/certified with 42k miles. Starter had to be replaced 1 month after I bought it. First the bad: the stereo stinks. FM radio sounds like AM mono. Bluetooth lags but sounds decent. Cd player sounds the best but doesn't read .mp3 discs. USB input doesn't recognize my android phone to play music. Aux input sound is not good. Phone to car stereo interface doesn't work (everyone has this problem and Honda is not fixing it.) The Active noise cancelling doesn't work but is not needed as car is quiet. YOU CAN'T REPLACE THE STEREO without losing many functions and settings!!! This thing called IMID which controls many functions and features and settings non stereo related is built in to the stereo! HOW IDIOTIC IS THAT!?! The front seats are not comfortable. No lumbar adjust or support. I have good athletic posture and the head rest pushes your neck/head forward. The seats are not (that) bad, but should be better at this price. I use small pillow for lumbar. Missing some obvious features like lighting for back seat, no cup holders in back seat, power outlets only work when car is on, no floor lighting. Not a fan of the push button start. One thing I don't like is the center console layout. Not good use of space. When using cups in cup holder, interferes with shifting, forget using a coffee mug. The doors on my coupe are too big and heavy. Not expecting the alignment and hinges of doors to last. (I won't be doing a 2 door ever again!) Hard to get out of car in tighter spaces and hard to load things in car. For some reason, the pass through feature between trunk and back seat is left off on the coupe? The area on the hood just above the grill is very prone to little rock chips. I think it's the aerodynamics? The good: the car drives wonderful! The handling is like a much more expensive sports car! Yes, I've driven nice sports cars...The car doesn't feel like the rated hp and torque, but it's good enough. I love Honda manual tranny and the way they shift and this doesn't disappoint! Hint to Honda...(keep up the way you do manual transmissions!) I enjoy the Sunroof. Factory smoked windows are a GREAT feature! The dual zone control HVAC is a nice feature! Wish fan speed was dual/independent controlled. Trunk space is great for a 2 door and car this size! backup camera screen is nice size especially compared to other cars. Did I mention the handling and steering and braking on this car is incredible!?! In economy mode only 1 mpg difference. Others are getting the same result in econ mode. I'm getting about 29 mpg. combined highway/city driving.

Quality and reliable
By Larry Calhoun

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

First 100,000 miles on car in the books!
By William

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Really loving this car! It's been worry free and totally reliable! I have done routine maintenance without major issues. Full synthetic oil change every 5,000 miles, transmission fluid change every 30,000 miles, front brake pads/brake fluid changed at 75,000, K&N permanent air filter I clean & charge as needed, , cabin filter changes as needed, new battery at about 90,000 miles, and I started running Shell V power nitro+ 93 octane at about 80,000 miles. I was skeptical about the gas upgrade until I ran a tank and saw the difference in performance, as well as improved mileage, so I'm a believer now. For the extra cost of basically a small Starbucks coffee per tank, it's worth it IMHO. I don't drink Starbucks myself, but I will treat my car to a "Starbucks"! I got 652 miles on the last tank of gas, awesome! Currently on my 2nd set of tires. First set, Michelin MXV4's lasted 54,000 miles, now running upsized Michelin Premier 225/55-17 with almost 50, 000 on them. Will probably go back to 215/55/-17 size next go around, as mileage dropped off more than expected for new tire d/t increased surface area. As other probably have noted, the infotainment system sometimes gets hung up with my iphone, dealership said Honda tried to get Apple to help but no recourse due to "proprietary information", so no update. Eh, it's not THAT bad of an issue, usually just turn off and back on again to reset it and it's fine, plus it only happens occasionally with initial sync once you start the car. Not a big deal for me. I've had a rare "false" low tire pressure alarm, but guys at Discount Tire say that's not unusual for any TPMS during times of temp swings, which is when they've happened. Both sets of tires have worn evenly, steering is true, and this with never having performed 4 wheel alignment. I'm debating on actually doing the alignment with third set of tires, if for no other reason just to fine tune and keep things from freezing up where you can't adjust if need be. I've got a major service coming up at 105,000 miles, plugs, oil/filter, coolant change. Serpentine belt fine so far so Honda Specialist shop said will monitor. Also, it's nice having a timing chain so lifetime deal there typically. I would not hesitate to buy a used 2013 with 100,000 plus miles in the future if I knew the prior owner took care of it, and in fact I'm thinking of doing just that, get a used one for my kids.

good car but room for improvement
By Doug Burkhart

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

It is a very good car overall. The last car I had was a 2004 EX V6 which I thought was an excellent car. This car has more tech and safety features but fewer luxury features. Also, the driver's seat is too soft for me. I've had more problems with this car in 4 years than my last one in 8+ years. I plan to get a small SUV soon because it should be easier getting in and out.