The four-door 2016 Fiat 500L may look like a compellingly practical alternative to the tiny 500 hatchback, but we've found it has too many drawbacks. Most other small wagons are better choices.
- Big-car passenger and cargo space
- Good outward visibility
- Lots of European personality inside and out
- Optional 6.5-inch touchscreen is attractive and easy to use.
- Lackluster acceleration
- Uncomfortable ride quality
- Brakes are difficult to modulate
- Rear seats don't fold flat
- Quirky behavior from Pop trim level's optional automated manual transmission.