With ample passenger and cargo space, the four-door 2017 Fiat 500L is a more practical alternative to the tiny 500 hatchback. Unfortunately, it doesn't measure up to some of the better vehicles in its class when it comes to performance and refinement.
- Plenty of passenger room and cargo space for a small hatchback
- Optional touchscreen interface is attractive and easy to use
- Good outward visibility.
- Choppy ride quality over rough pavement
- Feels slower than most other cars in the class
- Touchy brakes make it hard to come to a smooth stop
- Rear seats don't fold flat for more cargo flexibility.