Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

HORRIBLE!!! STAY AWAY!!!
By chevy55tool

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife with 25,000 miles on it. Within the first 3-6 months, the car began falling apart. We noticed that the entire front steering/suspension would dangerously shake when braking; The electric power steering now locks/unlocks at its own behest(EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!!!) which is a lawsuit waiting to happen; the front tires wear down at a ridiculous rate; the windshield/dashboard make a very annoying rattle when going b/w 45-65 mph, the CD player overheats; the sun visor wont stay upright; the dome light switch is very difficult to deal with; I love old classic chevys, but what a pile of dung for this day and age. Extremely disappointed.

It's reprehensible that GM can legally put out a vehicle for mass production with such hazardous flaws such as the electric power steering problem (among others). It seems now, that the bottom line is all that matters, and "safety" is just selling pitch. Don't get me started on GM warranties!!!

I would recommend all 2006 Malibu owners to keep all service records regarding the electric power steering problem and have them ready for any impending lawsuits should your steering fail someday cause fatalities on the road.

Love this car!
By Concord River

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I'm happily surprised with the performance of my used Malibu. I bought it with about 60,000 miles last summer and have loved driving it since then. The only problem was a quarter fell into the seat belt clip and it was a little difficult to get out.

Handling Mileage Spacious American feel inside Dashboard appearance. Color (green) of car. Many included features (LT model) So far, very reliable.

Should offer a full hybrid or electric model.

nice car
By sj

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For the money this has been a great car. Bought with 6K miles and only a few issues that so far the dealer took care of. Tires did wear quickly but that's not cars fault. Gas mileage is excellent. At 35K miles now, we'll see how the next 30K go... Had considered Camry but got a fully loaded 6 cyl for almost half the price..

Gas mileage. V6 power. all the extras, heated seats, remote start, power seat, wheels, on and on

Again for the price can't really think of any. Wouldn't buy new off lot with depreciation.

NEVER WILL I BUY CHEVY AGAIN
By piece of CRAP Chevy

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ok I bought this car 2 years ago and still financing. It had 20,000 when I bought it lets see once it hit 30,000 went down hill from there first electronic power steering keeps goin out every 2 months and whole car locks up and shuts down almost been in many accidents due to this brakes go bad every 3 to 6 months my windshield leaks when it rains, tires that where on it were loud, I paid 13,000 for a piece of junk and know I am looking to get rid of it maybe off a Cliff haha any suggestion on how to get out of the loan when the car is worth less then loan

love radio and the sun roof and the gas milage but the car stinks

`make a new Malibu and improve everything but I still would never buy a Chevy again and thats all I have ever owned

What a pile of you-know-what!!!
By killrhedake

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car from our local Chevrolet dealership. We bought it used with 6,000 miles. 8,000- replace front and rear brakes. 10,000 miles- replaced tires because the wore quickly. 25,000 miles- brakes again. This time discovering the passenger side rear pad was broken in half from the force of the caliper. I have never seen that before. 38,000- Brakes and tires again! God awful rattle emitting from the passenger side dash. Windshield leaking now. CD player likes eating CDs and will not fully eject them. Replaced intake with K&N recently. 65000- Check engine light- bad O2 sensor - wheel bearings shot and replaced. Dealership now out of business. No warranty upheld by GM.

Exterior style and design. Wood grain trim interior. Otherwise pile of crap. Never again. I own a 2000 Chevrolet Police Package Impala that threw a rod bearing. When I had the engine replaced GM stated it's common. With my car and my wife's car... No More GM.

Backup warranties. Use better parts. No junk. The list could go forever. Do not buy!!