Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Nicest looking sports car on the road
By Brent

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I could of bought anything in the mid $20,000 range as a seasonal summer sports car. Hands down my decision to buy a 2001 Corvette convertible was dead on. Fast, sexy, North American built, cant beat it. Man I love this car, thumbs up all the time. St Catharine's built LS1, fit and finish is tops, paint is excellent, 30 mpg. You kidding me this is one great car.

Hitting the on ramps to a highway. Getting the old thumbs up. This model will stand the test of time. HOT, HOT, HOT!

None

My first Vette
By NICK

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had 6 cars in 2 years. Tried the 09 370z fun fast garbage. Then a bmw335itturbo engine went in a month, next a Porsche boxster pure sports car, I loved the hidden midengine power and triptronic shift took it in for service a leak was found and 16.000 for a new trans never happen, I've always loved the Corvette and the c-5 was just a really classy design so I found one tested her and bought it. I haven't had a Chevy since 88 I've stayed with Dodge and still have my durango great quality and service, Chevy hasn't changed a bit poor service they lie and here's an example, if your mechanic don't know what 275/45/18 is and you ask the service manager the same and the answer is worse, that says it all. Run!

Heads up is nice feature as is the gas guage when it works. My Nissan was a 7 speed 320h lil monster, but it was the worst built car I ever owned, the vette is def muscle with no gimmicks, the manual 6 sp trans works well with the ls1 and she hides her power well but you know its always there for you.

Chevy still doesn't know how to make customers happy. After 20 years same ole song an dance sad but true. Chevy has used the same poor quality alternators, and gas floats for years, I guess the memo never hit anyone's desk, gm should really train everyone all over and back their vehicles for a change.

After all these years!
By NickDago

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am sure glad my wife let me buy this car four years ago. If ever you need a little pick-me-up the Corvette Z06 will definitely do the trick. I have not had any problems with this car and love the way it handles and the power it has. You just can not get over the quickness and power this car has. I was able to by this car from the original owner with 6500 miles on it for 30k, best 30k I have ever spent. I you want to experience Ferrari like perfomance at a price almost anyone can afford than you have to drive a C% Z06.

Power, power and power. Plenty of storage in the back, spectacular exterior design and great handling. People can not resist coming up and talking to you about the car. Most people do not know the difference between the C5 and C6 Z06

An option for an upgraded interior.

Wonderful Car
By volt

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

There's no better bang for the buck. I had my C5 for two years and it lost $1000/year in depreciation. If Chevy made all their cars with the quality of this, they wouldn't be going broke. It is a sheer blast to drive, everything is precise. Steering is responsive, gas and brake are solid. The suspension is comfortable and handling is perfect. Plus, and I guess most importantly, is the fact that this car's design will never go out of style. She is sexy. On the otherhand, the car's not that practical because of the lack of room and the low clearance. Maintenance and repairs are pricey, but nothing like foreign cars. Tires are very expensive

I had an automatic and it shifted like none other, smooth and very quick. The automatic gets 27-29 MPG HWY, driving normal. City ranges from 19- 22. Absolutely beautiful car.

Although the quality is good, there are some things in need of improvement. The electronics system has ghosts in it. Glass top oxidizes. Aluminum wheels scratch easy. All have some sort of pesky engine noise... random tick/knock/ping. Depends on quality of gas, tune-up time.

What else compares?
By 2infiniti

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Commuting to and from work I get 21 MPG and 30+@ 75 MPH in 6th gear. This magnetic red car is a head turner. Cheaper than a Subaru WRX or a Mitsu Lancer and it doesn’t look like a shopping cart! I put Michelin Pilot AS run-flats and the traction improved dramatically over the GY Eagles and noise dropped. For $25k this is a deal. Too bad when car mags do car comparisons they don’t compare what was a $48k new Vette now worth $22-$25 to the new stuff you can buy! The Vette would win hands down. When I get rid of it, it will be for a 2008 used with 3LT auto and 436 hp. Until then I would rather have it than any other car. As a car connoisseur I highly recommend the C-5!

Heads up, Boise stereo, gas mileage, style, makes you feel good to drive it. Now depreciating very little. The coupe has room for golf clubs too

Never enough HP but the C-6s have it if you want to spend extra the money. just wait to buy one used, let someone else take the depreciation.