Used 2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Troy
By Troy

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX has great utility and curb appeal and it drives like a sports car rather than like a truck. It has more power than all other SUVs except for the Poirsche Cayenne.

power, ride and quiet cockpit.

Better gas milage.

SRX survey
By Edye Weller

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This SRX is so easy to drive and handle, also on long road trips and so very comfortable. Loved the memory seats. the lift gate is easy to close and I am 5'. The back of the SRX has a plug in for a small refrigerator and we use it when we travel. We also like all the conviences for all the passengers, heat and air, all the storage and cubby holes for thing.

My favorite feature is a toss up between the driver 1 and driver 2 poistions and the XM radio with the BOSE system. Love the back up beeps.

The interior color is so light, so it gets sooo dirty. Deliver cleaner with the SRX or a coating that will be able to wipe up easily. Thank you.

Very Happy with First Cadillac
By David F.

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac and third SUV. So far very happy! My SRX is fully loaded with sunroof, navigation system and rear DVD. Eveything works great. Had a problem with a vibration in the center console, but my dealership fixed it right away. I wish it did have better gas millage, but with any SUV you should never expect great fuel economy.

Navigation System and sunroof.

They need to add lighted switches for interior lights. At night when it is dark in the vehicle you can't see the switch for the reading lights.

2005 Cadillac SRX
By slim63

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had the vehicle for a week but so far it is the best I've ever owned. Looked at the Lexus and BMW because of the 3rd row seat in them. The comfort and performance is amazing. Will update after a few months.

Performance Comfort and Ride.

Getting out without geting dirty may be a problem in the winter, the base of the door is VERY wide.

Who says SUV's can't be comfortable?
By Albee

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My Grandfather used to drive his Caddy to Florida every year. I always thought of Caddies as "senior citizen's vehicles". Well no more! I have been driving foreign cars for the last 20 years, but decided to look at the new Cadillac's which appealed to my eye, but what about build and performance? The quality so far is letter perfect. The car runs on regular fuel and the dealer service was as good as Lexus or any other foreign car. They finally got it right. Step on the gas and you really don't believe there's a 6 under the hood. No need for the optional V8 here. The other day, the "car" informed me that the front left tire had low (23psi) pressure. There was a nail in my tire. How about that? This truck has safety too.

The GPS with XM radio and OnStar along with the huge moonroof.

I can't think of any improvements that the car hasn't had done to it already.