Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Love my CTS Direct Injection in Hot Lava
By Joe N

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at BWM 3 and 5, Audi A5, Infiniti G37, Lexus IS350. All nice cars, but the CTS is better. Traded in 3-series for CTS. Although exterior looks are subjective, this is one of most compelling-looking cars in the modern era. Interior is fabulous, as well. Nav system and hard drive are well-designed and easy to use. The pop up function for the nav is a great touch, as is the ability to display the radio info without popping up the nav. Ergonomics are excellent. I find myself looking forward to long trips - it just eats the miles. Glad to finally be able to buy an American car again without compromise. This car reflects serious attention to detail, baked in from lessons learned.

Exterior styling, performance, interior layout, nav system, pop-up nav with integrated XM and hard drive (like having an IPod in your car). OnStar has been helpful on several locations finding destinations.

GM - please offer the AWD with a manual transmission! Other than that - minor. I agree with a couple of other posters - I have accidentally grabbed the hood release instead of the brake release on more than one occasion. Heated side mirrors would be helpful.

Great car - but not flawless
By Steve

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 CTS AWD is now 15 months old and still drives great but I'm starting to see some of the old GM aging. I've recently had my car in for some quirky problems and have noticed wear in the interior components including gaps between components. I think this is also contributing to noticeable interior wind noise. All-in-all the car still drives great and has handled excellent on snowy roads this winter.

Handling and acceleration. Interior controls. Comfortable seats, especially for a larger driver. Exterior styling.

Gas mileage could be better. Floormats worn after 12K miles. Interior gaps leading to interior noise. Bose sound system has been problematic.

Nice car
By satisfied

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my CTS-AWD. Since I live in the country in upstate NY I have owned awd vehicles for many years. I have yet to test this car in snow, although the fact that I can spin the tires on dry pavement does not give me confidence going into winter. I previously owned awd Acuras and BMW's which were excellent in snow. Most of the consumer reviews I've read are positive in regard to performance. My view is that overall performance is defininately adequatebut I find that unless I stomp on it, I feel like I'm driving a big four cylinder sedan. When floored the car takes off but not without a lot of noise. The Acura RL I had most recently had a more refined feel.

Style is terrific, many compliments. Interior is sporty and elegant.

Floor mats very thin, wearing a hole in driver's at 7000 miles

Cream of the crop
By ATG

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful driving experience. I particularly enjoy the acceleration and responsiveness of the direct injection. Transmission is flawless. Suspension is smooth and handles sharp turns remarkably well. Michelin 235/18" wheels hug the road and literally the car feels like it can drive itself. Interior materials and finish are superior to other vehicles in similar price range; exterior is bold and aggressive-looking. Reliability has been very good with 11,000 miles. 24mpg on the highway; regular gasoline. I'm very pleased with my selection.

Supple ride, responsive yet not too firm. Smooth transmission, engine acceleration. Fit and finish (interior and exterior). Beautiful White Diamond tricoat paint.

Larger interior storage would be nice.

High accolades
By Alan

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Former '05 Lexus owner and I'm very, very pleased with the CTS. Researched the CTS and decided to test-drive after reading favorable reviews. The ride is sporty and comfortable, suspension is very responsive, transmission is smooth and accelleration is exhilirating from the DI. Fit and finish on par with my prior Lexus. A real head-turner among adults and kids alike.

Head-turning design; interior finish; extremely quiet interior; acceleration and smoothness of the ride. 18"/235 Michelins literally hug the road, feels like the car steers itself. Beautiful White Diamond Tricoat exterior paint.

Fuel economy (24 highway) is acceptable. Interior storage space limited.