Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Buyer's remorse
By jenn

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased BMW only 6 weeks ago and have buyers remorse. I drove a lexus GX470 for over 6 years and thought it was time for something fun. At first the car was great to drive. After a month or so, the excitement started to wear off. The seats are not comfortable on long distances. I started noticing that my lower back was sore but I didn't think much about it, until the other day when I drove an hour across town. On the way home my back was killing me. I started feeling like I was driving a go cart! The hands free blackberry does not sound good and my 2 kids hate riding in the back seat!

Handling, bodystyle.

Seats are too firm, blue tooth technology needs improvement, needs extra power supply, the one in the center console won't charge my garmin with the lid closed.

Where did the room go?
By HardDriver

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most fun car to drive since my '73 Porsche. Whether on a freeway or (better yet) a twisting country road, this car is flat out fun to drive. No matter how hard I put it into a turn, it looks over its shoulder and asks, "is that all you got?" On a recent Los Angeles to San Francisco freeway trip, I got just over 30 mpg. Pros: Road hugging performance, good mileage, styling and finish. Cons: This car is essentially the same size as the Accord and Avalon. Where did all the interior room go ? I am 5'11" and it is hard to get in and out. Headroom is scarce and there is no legroom in the rear seat. The trunk is tiny. There is also a very annoying throttle lag off the line.

Excellent handling road car; good mileage, finish work is excellent, inside and out. I really like the styling.

More room in the cockpit, more legroom in the back seat. I honestly don't know how people who are bigger than I get in and out of the car.

3 Strikes you're out!!
By click click click

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2009 335xi in August after driving my C70 Volvo into the ground with 173k on it. The volvo was a sled compared to this beauty. This car is not problem free! I have had the car in four times for warranty and I'm still not happy. First check engine light " miss fire " second time bad high pressure fuel pump, third time, mechanical fuel pump. Turn on the intermittent wiper and listen to the relay click under the dash. Dealer says that's normal. Then the seat belt arm shorted out. So they replaced that. I just bought 4 Toyota Yaris for my delivery fleet and they are quieter than this BMW. Dealer said get use to the noises I said are you kidding me !!

performance

raise the seat belt buckle up higher, work on all the noises in the car, install dust free brake pads, install better quality parts

Power performance & mileage in a Bimmer
By Nyurkt

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We Absolutely LOVE this vehicle awesome power, mileage & fuel economy even if driven hard love the exhaust note drives handles feels and sounds great. This is a true drivers car second Bimmer for the family and I'm sure many more to come. Traded in our Accord Ex-V6 great car but the mileage was not up to par for HONDA, now we get awesome performance & braking as well as excellent fuel economy.

Fuel economy Performance-Torque Stability-handling Braking Oh did I say Fuel Economy (smile)

Storage, cup holders make folding rear seatbacks standard also radio display can't be seen with our sunglasses on (these are the minor Bummers for our Bimmer).

335i AWD
By dsheff

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in an M3 and a 330xi for a new 335i AWD. Sales guy said that the 335i would out-perform my M3 - I doubted him, of course. Drove my new car home in a bad snow storm and was worried about making it home safely. This car performed beautifully in the snow! Now that the roads are dry I love the performance of the turbo engine.

Performance, AWD, heated seats and steering wheel!

Cup holders are useless.