Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love my 328i Wagon
By Jill L

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had been looking at the 07's as they were Certified Pre Owned with an extra warranty. Shopping online and increased my distance to cover more then 100 miles I found a great deal on the 09. The interior difference is mostly with the lay out of the idrive and controls. They made it more user friendly and easier to use overall. Very easy to hook up my phone with the blue tooth as well. The ride is amazing, very smooth. I did not get the sport package, as it does go through tires quicker, and the ride is still sporty, just a bit smoother. Love the parking assist as well. Basic stereo package could use more bass, overall I LOVE THIS CAR!

Navagation and idrive, parking sensors, CD player stores your music in the car like an ipod.

Tinted windows for rear, and basic stereo could use more bass.

Change the tires.
By cmclaflin

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Navigation iPod connectivit performance

The run-flat tires are unforgiving on potholes - car makes a tremendous bang and it feels like my eyeballs are shaken loose. no leg room in back seat.

Clumpy Noises
By pcrc

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I test drove the car, I did not hear any noises. After owning I noticed some clumpy noises coming from the front of the car, and also rattling coming from the back doors. I took it in to get it checked out and they said bring it back when the noises get more pronounced. Not the kind of service level I was expecting from BMW. I should have leased. I like driving the car, but the noises are very annoying.

I like the exterior styling and the handling is excellent.

Fix the clumpy noises. Am not sure if it has anything to do with the suspension, but the Quality Assurance checks on noises should be incorporated or improved. These cars are expensive.

Delightful
By SD

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car is simply a delight for me to drive - every time I get back in it, I remember how much fun it is. Couldn't ask for better steering, acceleration, visibility, or interior appointment. The iDrive is well-integrated into the vehicle and the controls are easy to learn.

Putting it in sport mode and knowing I can pass ANYONE on the highway. Also, those super fast seat- warmers are a joy in the winter.

There needs to be more storage space in the front of the vehicle. I would love somewhere to put coins, and a deeper glove box. Nav system is good but very stubborn. City/suburban gas mileage is abysmal.

Great Car
By JThomas

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got a nearly loaded sports premium 328xi without nav, fun to drive, excellent in snow. Be very careful with the potholes, sport tires are very low profile. it's great for the front two passengers, back seat passenger are cramped in. never had any issues with the car though. very reliable. build quality is great. Test drove the Diesel. Definitely worth getting the diesel for the torque and very impressive mileage. Will buy the 335 Diesel when the lease expires.

Sport seats, engine is torque in sport mode. Amazing in snow. use the hill descent control in snow(you can control the speed with the cruise control)

bring back the flashlight in the glovebox. need extra power acc.