Used 2006 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Luxury + Value =TSX
By Austin TSX

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the car for my wife, but I am finding myself driving it more and more. We bought the Carbon Gray Pearl, and it looked amazing in the sunlight (metalic flakes). We love the easy to use Navi., and the gas milage is awsome (30+ on hwy). The stereo is great and the XM option is very clear even in the TEXAS hill country. I test drove and priced the competition and could not have found a better value. I am adding the Hondata ECU Reflash for a little more power (will void warranty). Drove a friends with it and loved it (230 est. hp, faster that a 330, 250,or 2.0T). Voice everything is a nice feature to have when cruising the highway. Love evey minute behind the wheel.

Navi. XM, iVTECH, voice control, iPod jack, quickness in traffic, solid brakes, min. traction loss, suspension, more power from the engine than previous model. Don't be fooled by the +5hp change in stats., the real horse power is shown on the dyno(hp to the ground. est +13hp).

Put the RDX turbo kit under the hood. That will give people no excuse why they bought the BMW 6 cyl, or the IS.

Incredible Car, Incredible Value
By STLCarGuy

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is truly the best value in the segment IMO. Features per dollar and residual value are top notch! Two major contributors to my buying the car. The sporting character of this sedan continues to impress me. There's a real balance of Economy and Performance with the Engine. I know those two words don't normally go together, but I think they do in the TSX. Four cylinder fuel economy is a huge plus right now, but I feel good that there's enough power to go when I need to. Interstate power availability is more than adequate. For me, the size is just ideal. Compact enough to feel sporty, but roomy enough for four people to be comfortable, plus a fair amount of trunk space.

- Luxury Features, ie. Xenons, HandsfreeLink, Memory Power Seats, XM, Aux-in - Sporting Drive. It truly is unbelievable for a FWD car. Torque steer is very minimal. I don't believe I've found the limits of it's cornering ability yet. - Materials Quality. - The savings over a comparable euro.

Build Quality, ie. Noises. This is really my only one. There is a myriad of rattles and creaks. The only thing more frustrating is that they come and go. Hoping the Service Dept can take care of 'em for me!

Value+Luxury=TSX
By LUVMYTSX

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the car for my wife, but I am finding myself driving it more than she does. I love the Voice controled Navigation, Phone, A/C and the Gas Milage is amazing. You really can't go wrong for the price and the features. Same features from Audi=38,560 (2.0T), BMW=36,850 (325i), and G35=35,400 (Gas Guzzler in the city). I test drove them each one for a weekend, and for the money you pay Acura is the best VALUE. My dealership gave me a great deal (no hassle on price), and tires for life. I live in Austin and this car was make for the roads of the hill country.

Navi., quickness, fun to drive, trunk space, XM, safety rating, looks, and the color (Carbon Gray Pearl)

Put the RDX turbo engine in. Then this car would smoke the 6-cyl. competitors. (I am thinking about adding the Comptech supercharger from the dealership.)

I'm Extremely Pleased
By dmaccioc

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the money, I couldn't find a more well-rounded, well-equipped vehicle. As someone who lives and works in an urban area, this vehicle makes great strides in active safety. I'm able to carry on a phone conversation (hands-free) while being guided by the navigation to a new address, and have a better view of the road thanks to those fantastic Xenon headlights! Everything about the car feels solid and well-thought out - needless to say, I'm extremely satisfied.

Xenon Headlights, Navigation System, Voice- Recognition, Bluetooth/Hands-Free Phone, Comfortable Seats, Great Build Quality, Sporty Handling, Supple and Quiet Ride, Beautiful Gauges

Nothing really, but if forced to nitpick: a one-touch open/close sunroof would be nice, as would one- touch up/down on all windows (a la Audi's A4). It'd also be great if the mirrors could be connected to the seat memory. Again, small and insignificant things.

fun to drive
By rosen

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

handling is exceptional, especially on cournering. variable seat position excellent. more interior room than expected. could improve on the night setting of rear view miror, to eliminate glare.

handling on narow roads, responsive engine, no blind spots