Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Rav4 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Is this a great car or what?
By rafi

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best cargo space in its class, lots of useful compartments. Was skeptical of the spare on back and swinging back door - now I love those features, make the car even more practical. Leg room in the second row is impressive. Acceleration is adequate. Gas mileage great if you drive carefully and don't unnecessarily rev up the engine; on a highway when driving not more than 65mph you can easily get 30 mpg. I own mine for 2 months now, I do 50/50 city/highway mix and my average mpg is 28.2, weather and driving conditions were perfect, though - during winter and sweltering summer days I expect the average mpg drop a little, perhaps to 27 not lower. Oil change every 5K instead 3K - like it too.

Favorite Features

roominess, gas mileage, exterior design

Suggested Improvements

improve gas mileage even more

Great so far!
By smokey10

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my RAV4 7 months ago and I've never liked a car better than my new one. Ride is smooth enough and all these things I read on reviews about vibrating and stuff, never experienced it except when I'm driving on rough roads and unpaved ones, quite expected I would think. My car is the limited model and the convenience of the features really fits me well. The only thing I don't like about my car is how much I paid for it. Gas mileage is very reasonable since I'm primarily the only passenger plus my little dog, we're so happy to go out of town occasionally on weekends with comfort. I agree it's no escalade nor a Land Rover, but it certainly fits most responsible,low profile people like me

Favorite Features

Roominess of the interior plus the added features like bluetooth, upgraded sound system+XM radio, leather seats w/heat and auto AC.

Suggested Improvements

back view not really appealing plus the side door opening, very inconvenient. Hood jack should be like the new Camry 2011.

Upgraded to Rav4 from 2005 Nissan Altima
By Rav4_Lover

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Being upgraded from 2005 Nissan Altima (Sedan). This is my first ever new car in my life. I love my Rav4 for the roominess, comfort & great performance. Fun & Steady driving. My family loves it. I4cyl has great power in it compared to CR-V. Had to return the Sport model, as the sport tuned suspension did not give a comfortable ride for the rear seated passengers.

Favorite Features

Extra storage beneath the cargo area, full-size spare tire on the back door, best cargo space in compact suv segment, powerful engine for a i4cyl, great fuel economy, sturdy exteriors,

Suggested Improvements

Cheap interiors, Make v6 as an option rather than a separate model. Missing Charcoal/Black carpets & seats.

My rav
By mike

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love its design which is both fun and classy. Toyota doesn't need to resort to cheap tricks to get a higher selling price for a quality vehicle. The interior is perfectly designed (and I believe other manufacturers like Hyundai have taken note of this). This vehicle handles curves almost like a sport car. The radio lighting is a little dim during the day which is awkward but at night the interior lighting is a show in itself. Its classy, its all-purpose, mileage could be better but worth the trade-off for its response. Luv it!

Favorite Features

Interior Lighting. Sleek, classy build and ROOM!

Suggested Improvements

Improve mileage to 33 or above and you'll sell 'em all! Make Colored side mirrors with turn signals, colored door handles and fender flares standard. Maybe better speakers in base model.

Beer Can
By Rav4

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I Bought a base rav4 w 4 cylinder in July and I am shocked at how noisy it is. It is like riding in a beer can on a bucket. This is by far the noisiest vehicle I have ever owned. Vehicle sounds like you are in a constant thunderstorm. They also never sent me a survey of my opinion of my new Rav4, they did however sent me 1 for the Camry I bought the same day. I can't wait to get rid of Rav4. I took it to the dealer because I really thought something was wrong and they said that is the way they are. The brakes grind always, they are weak, you hear every seam, reflector, bump, patch and sound on every kind of road, even on smooth highways. I am beyond disappointed in this vehicle, I am mad.

Favorite Features

Ergonomics good and when i get rid of it

Suggested Improvements

Go back to being Toyota, you are not even Kia right now. Noise reducing insulation and choose tires better. Eliminate that stupid rear wheel. Power seats option on all models