2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Starting Issue
By caboz

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

4 times in the last 2 years the vehicle would not start because the brake pedal was locked and not moveable.

Great Value Vehicle-Terrible Bluetooth Instructions!
By hysteria

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I both love this vehicle. We've taken it on 2 very long trips and it perfoms great. We get over 26 mpg. Our only gripe is that the bluetooth instructions in the owner's manual are complete garbage! I've had to take it to the dealer 3 times to get the bluetooth working. The rep at the dealership (who told me she had to "go to school to learn how to program phones for Toyota's bluetooth technology) had major problems trying to get our phones synched up. It took her over 40 minutes to get it working. She also stated NOT to follow the owner's manual instructions. What should be an easy application made difficult by Toyota's good for nothing instructions.

Favorite Features

Reliability, good ride, nice lines, decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the piece of &%*! Bluetooth Section of the owner's manual. When I went to the dealership only one person there could help me. All the others said they had no idea how to program the bluetooth technology. If dealerships cannot understand it and recommend not using that section of the manual, what does that tell you?

Really Like The Rav
By bg1811

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just leased a 2010 RAV4 Limited FWD I-4 last week (for my wife). I was concerned about some of the negative comments about this vehicle. I leased it in New Orleans and then drove it 570 miles back to my home in Kentucky. I drove up US 61 through the Delta to keep from driving a constant speed on the interstate. My car is a 2007 Cadillac Escalade and I didn't find this car to be any louder than the Caddy. I got 29.7 mpg which I think is great. I also found the seats to be very comfortable. The interior trim is very acceptable for this price range IMO.

Favorite Features

The no key door unlocking system was something I really enjoyed (now I wish the Caddy had that feature).

Suggested Improvements

Add a Home Link garage door feature. I can't remember the last car that we had without that feature.

Rav4
By Lynn

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the rav4 with the exception of the road noise. It is extremely loud. I would not recommend this vehicle for that reason. I will be getting rid of mine as soon as I can.

Favorite Features

Handles and drives good.Lots of cargo space. Ample leg room in the back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce, reduce road noise.

Great Crossover None Better!
By BBS

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our RAV4 Limited about four months now and get 28 to 30 mpg, it's roomy, lay the seats down and carry a lot more than you can imagine. We got the limited with the JBL radio which sounds like a concert, awesome sound. The only complaint is the toyo tires they make some road noise which I plan to change to the Goodyear gas mileage saver tires. Highly recommend the RAV4 you will not be disappointed. We have the 4 cyl and it has plenty of pep. It's simply a "Blast" to Drive!

Favorite Features

The JBL radio, unreal sound, it's like driving around in a live concert!

Suggested Improvements

Get some better tires, the OEM's make some road noise, not bad but I can notice it, but turn up that JBL and you won't a hear nothing but great sounding music.

Rav4 1 year later
By DavidRav4

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving my Rav4 for about a year. So far it's proven very reliable. Switching from a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 to the Rav4 was a huge difference in performance, but even at 4-cyl it gets the job done, more than well enough i might add, when I need some passing power. I'm in college and involved in multiple organizations which requires me to transport large equipment for food sales, parties, etc. the spacious room when back seats are folded down is remarkable. Handling is great, I use the cruise control daily. Toyota is the way to go, despite the companies recent setbacks.

Favorite Features

The audio system is superb if you have the JBL speakers. Love the Audio jack for my Ipod.

Suggested Improvements

I would change the design of the exterior a bit to look a more manly. Back door is so heavy. Redo placement of rear tire to be placed under the car and have rear door swing up, as well as add a rear power window like the 4-runner.

Peppy, noisy, thirstly beast...
By Alex Povolotski

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very practical car, quite spacious inside, though you cannot tell from the outside. Nice styling, large buttons inside, lots of cargo room here and there, especially with second row folded. On the downside, the interior is very simplistic, the steering wheel is too small to my taste but on the lighter side of steering, which I kinda like. The brakes are marshmellowy. The 4 cyl engine is peppy and is surprizingly agile in all conditions, feels more like V6, actually. Too noisy though, engine noise is very intrusive, not like in Camry (though same engine). Mileage was disappointing -- 12.5L/100km.

Favorite Features

This beast just goes... Very peppy I4 engine, feels like V6. Good instrument panel, good button layout, large buttons. Interior room is the right size, visibility is very good.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage of 12.5L/100km is actually the same I was getting in my Dodge Journey 3.5 V6. Exactly the same!!! Engine noise is too intrusive. Apply same foam in same places as in Camry and make the car serene. Noise kills all the experience, actually!

Rav 4 Consistent reliability
By Keith

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, for the money, the Rav 4 is a great investment. I drive 40,000 miles per year. It has great cargo room, and good flexibility with back seat adjustments. The blue tooth phone is a must. Rides good on the highway with some road noise. Street driving in town can be a rough ride sometimes. The smart key is a big convenience. I average 28.6 mpg overall.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth phone and satellite radio. Cargo room. MPG @ 28.6 overall. Price Great handling and performance

Suggested Improvements

Seats are very uncomfortable on long trips. The front seats lacks thigh support. Steering room controls do not light up. Better ride in town and less road noise. Remove spare tire for better looks. Doors should auto lock after trip start.

Fun to drive
By larry

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We enjoy the way the Rav4 handles and the gas mileage. We needed a vehicle that was easy to get in and out of. It is that! The smart key is a lot more handy. You just have it in your pocket or purse. The door locks on the outside with a button on the handle. We have had it one month and 1200 miles and we are very satisfied with it so far!

Favorite Features

Back door opens to the side. Smart key - the way it handles, gas mileage -style.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest on right side of drivers seat to be higher! Ride is a little stiff at slow speed.