Not up to Toyota hype of Quality
By My First Toyota on
2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
In for service many, many times for rattles and squeaks. Noise was in both front and back of vehicle. Original set of tires lasted 19,000 miles and was told by the dealer this is common for that car. They are expensive to replace as are the wiper blades. Rear brakes showing more wear than front (odd for a front wheel drive car) and will have to be replaced in approx. 5-10 thousand miles. Mileage on the road is down about 3 miles per gallon since new. All in all I guess I am disappointed in my Toyota ownership experience. It is not that it is a bad vehicle, but it simply does not live up to the quality Toyota advertises.
Favorite Features
Still love the looks and room of interior. A big car and great for travel, aside from the 14 cubic foot trunk which is a little small. I find it quiet when not rattling or squeaking. Lots of paint chipping, more than my other vehicles.
Suggested Improvements
Navigation system is terrible to use. Sometimes more is not better. After having many Honda's I tried the Avalon because of its size and looks. I found the Honda's I had to be much more trouble free.