2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Interior Access Panels
By David Kosik on 08/26/06 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The overall interior layout is very good, however the access doors (panels) in the front seat are to close to each other. This in turn causes a problem when stored items are needed from the storage areas. This was my first purchase of a Toyota vehicle and the driving performance exceeded my expectations. On a recent vacation trip I was extremely pleased with the comfort and gas mileage and would rate the 2005 Avalon in the top five sedans of comparable size and cost.

Avalon Experience
By Bob Daugherty on 08/15/06 05:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is more than can be expected for the price. The Avalon is more Lexus than Toyota. It delivers what Toyota (Lexus) promises in every department.

Lovely Avy Touring 05
By Touring05 on 08/02/06 09:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for a year now and I like this car a lot. I am in love with this car, let me put it this way. I know that there are always some problems with any new car but it's a small matter. For instance the shield between a spoiler and the trunk is somehow sticking out. The other thing is the frog light is loosening. Other than that it's a great car. As you know it's a big car and comfortable which I feel like I am in the living room especially when I am in the back seat with recliner. Also I think It's saved me gas with this big car and comfy. How can you beat that? Most importantly I like the power this car. it's unbelievable but at the same time it rides like a lexus.

Great Ride - one minor fix
By DLK on 07/31/06 16:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never had a car ride so nice on a long trip.

Great Car
By kloogee on 07/04/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far this has been a great car. It is very spacious inside, has great power, and rides very smoothly. After a recent long distance trip, we all felt very fresh after a long day traveling. City MPG seems like it could be a bit better but is probably a result of my heavy foot. Highway mileage while in cruise control is good. With 5 passengers (4 large adults and a small child) plus a trunk stuffed completely full, we were averaging nearly 30 MPG while cruising steadily.

2005 Avalon-Transmission Problems
By camadden on 06/26/06 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2005 Avalon last year (my first experience buying a Toyota) because I had heard such wonderful things about it and the Camry. Boy, am I disappointed ! The transmission is horrible. It "bucks" when accelerating from a stop or slow driving. I was told that it needs to "learn" how to behave from the driver. During one service appointment, they "untaught" it to see what would happen. No change. My kids get car sick, it's so bad. The dealer told me to keep checking with them for a "fix". If there is no "fix" soon, I plan to get rid of it while it's still under warranty so it will have a good selling point.

Evelyn's Avalon
By Evelyn Smith on 06/13/06 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most comfort for a fuel efficient car that I have ever driven. I tested many different makes before purchasing and I kept going back to this model. The handling is excellent on the road. I feel very safe traveling in my Avalon.

In love with our AVALON
By Mid-Tennessee on 06/08/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We own three cars one of which is a 2005 Avalon. Never have I had a luxury car that drove or rode smoothly as this car. It rides like the large Lexus for half the price. Our Avalon is very easy on the gas too. I am in love with my Avalon and will definitely purchase another when ready to trade.

Love my Avalon
By Kim on 06/08/06 08:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Avalon has a beautiful luxurious interior with an unparalleled smooth comfortable ride. Great horsepower at 280.

maxs '05 avalon
By maxavalon on 06/05/06 17:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a big, comfy ride with lots of goodies (270 hp, 360 watt, 12 speaker sound system, dynamic laser cruise control, heated & VENTILATED front seats etc.) that you would otherwise have had to pay much more for. My only issues with it so far is a bit of torque steer on quick acceleration (it DOES GO!) and a pronounced nose dive when I had to stand on the brakes recently.