2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Solid vehicle
By pony on 01/06/06 06:40 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Real pleased after coming from a new BMW that was in shop about every month. V8 has great pickup and reasonable gas mileage. Average mileage is between 17 and 18 w regular w about 80% stop and go city driving. Long trips get me 20 mpg. BMW was avg 19 mpg on premium. Still no Honda Civic, though and with the small tank (23 gallons) there are a lot of gas stops. Good amount of interior room, great brakes and lots and lots of storage areas.

Love This Truck
By Pat Giles on 01/03/06 07:15 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been looking at these 4Runner's for a while. I purchased the sport edition and love every aspect of this truck. It rides smooth, quiet, and is everything I ever wanted in a truck. Toyota truly makes the best vehicles.

Off road v8 four wheel drive full time
By gkitching on 12/18/05 20:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Near perfect vehicle. Used it on some tough jeep roads in colorado. Has one flaw - needs overdrive badly.

2005 Toyota 4Runner
By David Cruise on 12/18/05 18:34 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I use an SUV for commuting, utility trailers and boat trailers. I also expect to help the local crew coach tow a 7000lb GVW shell trailer that can carry 6-8 boats at once. I had a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder that was underpowered for the job. It had a stiff ride that I liked but my family would not ride with me. This car rides great and has many standard features that you need but that you don't think to look for.

could not be better
By john kitchens on 12/07/05 21:30 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read just about all the reviews about the 4runner edmunds has. the vehicle lives up to it all. I can not be more pleased with this SUV. I drive mostly city and highway and this SUV is a breeze and the comfort is a 10! don't be fooled by the 6cy engine it's more than enough. During the fall and winter I hunt and pull my trailer and ATV, NO PROBLEM!! Interior controls seemed to be customer fit for me. Do your self a favor buy this SUV.

2005 Toyota 4-Runner
By o.m.c. on 12/01/05 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We get 22-23 MPG on highway driving and 19 in city. Ride is a little stiff but you expect that in a SUV. We have had only one minor problem and that was the low tire pressure light. It was fixed on the first visit to service. My wife loves the way the seats fit her back. My only problem is I have to duck my head to enter the front seats. I am 6 feet tall.

BEWARE Do Not Buy a V8 All Wheel Drive
By Brett on 11/15/05 19:52 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been repairing cars/trucks my whole life and never owned a worse new vehicle than my V8 AWD--I have 22K miles and since 15K the vehicle has a severe driveline vibration which has become worse--Toyota tells me this is typical for this vehicle and currently there is no repair for the problem. I have been to 2 dealers and now Toyota tech says there is not a fix--the problem is soo bad the vehicle can not been driven. In addition I have had the following problems: OEM brushguard rusted at all welds (garage kept), scratched instrument cluster lens, brake noise (rear), hard shifts in transmission, all 4 Dunlop tires dryrotted between the treads, & the " drive by wire" system has problems.

Bought the 5 yr 100 mile warranty
By val on 11/14/05 21:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like to keep my cars the life of the warranty or the years I buy whichever comes first. This car is a jewel and I love driving it. Compares well with my sister's Lexus SUV for performance. Wasn't cheap, I bought everything I could to enhance my enjoyment but I'm using the frills and loving my ride and the perks. This is a car that will way outlast my warranty and the years ...

utahrunner
By 4runnerowner on 11/10/05 07:46 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

overall this vehicle gives you the peace of mind both on road and off. It has plenty of power with the v-6 for passing and towing. Off road it is amazing as it climbs like it is glued to the trail and then back on the road it feels like a sport sedan.Very fun to drive and the "cool" factor is always there.

Driver seat and gas/brake pedal
By Jack Hicks on 11/09/05 17:28 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the vehicle only a short time and find it to be a much better vehicle than my old 98 Ford Explorer. Although the Explorers seats were more comfortable. I am 6'1" and find the driver seat to be short in the leg area and hard to adjust. I understand the 06's have power seats standard and telescoping steering wheel adjustments. Both features are very much needed. There is very limited space between the gas and break pedal and I find that with my boots on I have the tendency to hit both the gas and break at the same time. Other than that I am loving it.