Used 2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Had I Only Known
By flanagan

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Spent last year looking at vehicles from a-z. Hands down this is the best vehicle purchase of my life. Rarely are expectations met and even rarer are they exceeded. Almost bit on a Land Rover LR3, about $15k more than my Limited 4Runner - thank god i didn't. I love this vehicles looks, ride, tightness and overall quality feel after 2500 miles. First time Toyota owner and I am impressed. I really trust the vehicle.

Body styling is excellent. Incredible drive and feel in the vehicle. SOLID all the way.

Gas mileage horrendous, nowhere near est. city or hwy mileage, heavy foot though and a V8, oh well - worth it. Maybe seats could be a little more plush/comfortable.

Best SUV I have ever owned
By paul171

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd SUV, previously owned a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2002 Dodge Durango. The 4Runner is far superior in ride comfort, reliability, resale value, and fuel economy. This is the quietest vehicle I have ever owned, even more quiet than a '97 Acura 2.2CL I had a number of years ago. V6 has plenty of power and I am averaging around 19-20 MPG in town. I really like this SUV and would recommend it to anyone in the market for a reliable and sporty alternative to the larger SUV's. Don't buy anything before you drive this Toyota.

6 disc in dash changer with JBL sound system, leather seats, sunroof, Toyota reliability, resale value, quiet cabin, smooth ride

a bit more head and leg room in the front

05 4 Run Limited
By redtoy

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Guess the main selling point with me was not only Toyota quality but all the safety feature available and the V8 engine. I also have a GX 470 and it just tops off the 4 Runner platform. But the Runner will give you close to bang for the buck. Good size, performance, and amenities

All the air bags and V8 engine

Not many or would tread in the GX land and Toyota doesnt want to do that

I LOVE this truck
By beats1234

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you're thinking of any SUV under $40,000, buy this one. For looks, it's obviously beautiful (I prefer the sport edition with the hood scoop, spoiler, and roof rails). It is AWESOME offroad and feels more like a truck designed for offroading than cheaply made American SUVs or "road only" Japanese and German SUVs. On road, it is average and takes a little getting used to. The sport suspension is excellent for treating it sorta like a sports car, but braking has to be done earlier. The V8 eats gas but the truck is POWERFUL. Not only fast, but like heavy fast (maybe torque?) It just feels like it's a beast. Feels very solid for a Japanese car (I had a Benz) Can't recommend it highly enough!

JBL Audio system Huge engine and it's mighty V8 roar LOOKS LOOKS LOOKS Offroading capabilities (I drive over EVERYTHING) Interior conveniences and storage spaces I had a Maxima, E-Class 4matic, G35 AWD, before now. This is BY FAR my favorite auto. If you love SUVs and can't afford a Hummer, 4RUNNER

Climate controls (not the useaage, just the design; seems stupid looking) I'm not a huge fan of the rims, but who cares?

Wow!
By Nate

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ive had my 4runner for a little over a month with about 2500 miles and I couldnt be happier. The ride, engine power, styling, is all excellent. I did alot of research and as far as quality, reliability and resale value there isnt a better mid size SUV on the market today. As far as gas mileage i have been pleasently surprised ive been avg almost 21mpg since i left the dealers lot. Which is very good for that size of vehicle with that engine. I would highly rec. this suv to anyone.

auto-latching tailgate, auto crank feature on ignition, sunroof, large cupholders, power rear window glass, universal garage opener, automatic climate control, 115v power outlet

more wattage for 10 speaker stereo, satellite radio, Uconnect