2003 4Runner after 6 years of ownership
By Steve on
2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
Overall I've liked the truck. I have close to 100K miles now and have taken good care of it. It still looks like a new truck when I get it all cleaned up which I think is due to the quality of paint and components used. I've been disappointed by the reliability. Among those things gone wrong are: AC compressor clutch relay, Heated mirrors don't work, Lights in several areas of the dash don't work, Front brake calipers froze up. Had to be replaced Transmission or rear end has a whine that I'm afraid is the beginning of a big bill. Would I buy again? Maybe, but I would want to look at other trucks first. The harsh ride of the vehicle tends to make those sitting in the rear get car sick.
Favorite Features
Look and feel of the truck. Layout of dash, Comfort of front seat, Towing ability, Fuel economy (for a V8 SUV), Quality of fit and finish
Suggested Improvements
The original equipment tires (Dunlop) were poor. Traction was terrible in snow and not good in rain. Wear was relatively fast. I have a set of Bridgestone tires on now which are much better. Comfort in rear seat is poor. Posture is too upright. Reliability has been below expectations.