2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
WRX Go Go Go
By rjones1138 on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Nitpicking, the back seat is small and the interior is smaller than some cars in the class. Uh, it should come with trunk straps to hold things in place :). This car is always super fun to drive.

For an entry car, this one rules...
By Bo Gus on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was deciding between the Mazda Protege5 and the Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS. After a month of going back and forth between two dealerships, I purchased the Impreza. Here's why: 1- AWD, 2-160hp (flat-four boxer purr), 3- higher stance, 4-more substantial feel to the vehicle, 5-1.8% financing for 60 months, and, 6-$800 below MSRP. Both cars are excellent, but I feel that the places where the MP5 excels are superficial. Things that are missing from the TS (but can be added later ;-) are as follows: no fog lights, no rear spoiler, 15 inch steel tires, poor cup holder design, sub-par radio and speakers, no light in rear cargo area.

WRX as good as my M3
By salligator on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

To me a Subaru makes a great winter snow car. This time I bought a WRX, since my summer car is a BMW M3 convertible. Except at very low RPMs, the WRX might as well have an M3 on it. The handling on a very narrow twisty road is as good as the M3, and the accelleration as long as you stay above 3000 RPM is also about the same. But the WRX has more features, it does not transmit potholes to your back, it goes in snow, and it has all weather performance tires that do not require replacement every 13000 miles.

Not perfect, but getting close...
By LaFamigliaGonzalez on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good, and with Michigan winter coming, we'll really know for sure. This car replaces our Jeep Wrangler - seems light-years different, I know - but not really! The Outback Sport has WAY MORE luggage and passenger space, is vastly more comfortable on long trips, and uses a LOT LESS fuel. But we never took the Jeep on anything worse than reasonably smooth dirt roads (lots of camping), and the Subaru tromps over those even more comfortably. But I wish it were just a little roomier in the very back. The "styled" hatch really cuts into cargo space.

Fun wagon
By BLUWRX on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I shopped around for something w/awd, with decent gas mileage, and some good power for around 25K.This is it! Fun to drive, great safety, decent room for ski or golf gear. Got the short throw shifter, autodim mirror, arm rest ext. (should be standard), bumper cover, extended warr. All for the price I expected. I'm very happy so far, with exception of the stereo.

Intial Review, I love my new Suby!
By rhayes on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car, will follow up review in about 10,000 miles for an update. After a long and frustrating search, someone suggested this car, and its perfect for me! Young and sporty, reliable, and has plenty of room (was trying to get away from SUVS). All wheel drive will be great in Michigan!

Best Car for Fun and Family
By exp_deal on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my WRX last weekend. I am very impressed with it. Not to mention the great horse power and acceleration that everyone knows about, the interior is actually very good and up to my taste. Some people complain about the cheap interior. For those who are doing research, you must go to dealership to see it and test drive it. It's not luxury, but it is not cheap either. The ride is much more quite than I expected. The basic sound system is not bad as well. I have a big cargo room and a roof rack that I know I would appreciate someday. For fun, family and practical use, this car is simply the greatest for the price.

Good Car, could be great
By VOLFAN on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car for it's all around utility, performance and price. I am a little disaapointed in some of the build quiality but I knew this going into it as many others have complained of thin paint, thin windshields, and build quality just slightly better than a Dodge. My biggest concern is the CEL that has now come on twice and I have only driven the car 125 miles! Loose fuel caps can cause this thing to light up?! Sounds like SOA needs to redesign that. I love the car though even though it is quirky

Street Shredder
By NHdriver on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

On the whole, this car kicks some serious butt! The only issue I have with it is that there isn't any real room. My 3 year old son takes up a lot of space in the back with his car seat, so the driver really can't be that big of a person. We're moving from a '98 KIA Sportage. That being said, there are several MILLION pluses on the Subaru's side. The only minus I can think of is the roominess. The Sportage had a little more room in the front and in the back and more head room as well. Our Subaru gives you so much confidence while driving. No matter what I've put it through so far, it seems as if it know's what I'm about to do before I do.

Total Package
By Brenda E. on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I like the way my WRX Wagon handles the corners, Iv only got it to drift on drit roads which was easy to controll. As far as power when I need to pass I hit the turbo at 4000 rpm and Im gone. It took a little while for me to get ajusted to the clutch and power band.The AC works well The kids feel it in the back right away, have"nt need heater yet.