2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Love it
By Mark Rossney on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought a 2004 WRX SportWagon at the end of August of '03. In a few months I've already put nearly 8,000 miles on the car. I've not had a single problem with it to date. The performance is very good. The handling (stock tires and suspension) could be improved upon, but is by no means disappointing. I got the wagon for its cargo hauling ability and have not once regretted the choice. I would buy this vehicle again without hesitation.

The Best Bang for your Buck!
By Percula on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The WRX is the best value 4door sport sedan out on the market. I am 6'4" tall, and there is plenty of head and leg room in this car. Space for seating in the rear is limited but decent. The seats are very comfortable and supportive; after driving for 120 miles straight in this car, i was not tired at all. The ride is smooth, but responsive. The steering is quick and effortless. The performance is amazing! If you stay off the turbo you can get really good gas mileage too. The standard 6disc in dash player is not the best, but it sounds pretty pretty good (for what you pay for its excellent).

The first car I've ever bought!
By jon1848 on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This year, I decided to stop leasing and purchase a car outright. After months of research, I bought the Subaru Impreza TS Sport Wagon - what a car! The 165 horsepower feels like twice that. The acceleration is much more sport than wagon. The boxer engine helps keep the centre of gravity low and it shows in the smooth, stable cornering. The look of the car has improved significantly with departure of the Neon-esque front- end.

Wagons Rule
By Kindnugs on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

-This car rocks. It has good handling, and a fast motor. It has All wheel drive, and it has cargo space. -So far I have put 1,000 miles on the car, and it has been a pleasure. It NEEDS BETTER TIRES but other than that it is a blast in stock form, plus it can haul a little cargo. Mileage depends heavily on how hard you drive it. -A good reference for this car is WRXfanatics.com, a forum site where you can find anything you want to know. -However you will want to add things to car the second you buy it, because the expandability in every aspect is amazing. So set some money aside for mods and go buy a Rex!!!

More bang for the buck
By NewSubaru on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 2004 WRX wagon is fun to drive and gives you some great features (AWD, ABS, Turbo, and 227hp). The other cars in this market included the 325xi and Audi Quattro A4 wagon. I looked at the WRX while on my way to the BMW & Audi dealerships just out of curoisity

By mcduffj on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my 4th subaru (3 Legacies before). Loved them all, but this one is the most fun I've had since my old Mazda RX2.

Don't want a shovel-sized hood scoop?
By sgswest on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

With Subaru touting its WRX almost to the exclusion of all other Impreza models, you may feel a little funny at first leaving the dealer lot at LESS than 100 miles an hour, but you cannot go wrong with an Outback Sport! The non-turbo 2.5L engine is VERY peppy, the auto trans a much better match AND the Outback trim very eye-catching. Not to mention you will save about $4,000! I love this car AND the smart decision I made in buying this less popular Impreza!

Love My WRX
By sstevess on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had no problems in the first 3 months of driving. Solid body.

My Colorado Car
By RonK on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After moving to Colorado recently, I parted with my 2002 Jeep Wrangler to seek a more cost-efficient source of transportation that would also do well in the Rockies. After driving SUV's over the past ten years, I settled on my first "car" in a decade. It was a Subaru Outback Sport Wagon, and I drove it for a year and loved it. It carried my dog , bikes, snowboards, and camping gear all year with aplomb in all manner of weather. A raise in my salary coincided with a WRX test drive, and back I went to the dealership. What I got was the same, solid Subaru Boxer- powered vehicle with 25%+ more power, and incredible handling. Fantastic car!

If I needed one car to do everything....
By Chad Cummins on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is the Champ at doing everything well. Sports car feel with small SUV cargo and sedan milage. Price is very good for what you get.