2013 Subaru Forester - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Nice Car - Seats are extremely uncomfortable - Cause Back Pain!
By jhobes on 01/25/13 07:10 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a Subaru Forester Limited 2013 and it has been really tough on my back since I bought it. Of course, it felt great on the test drive, but now that I am driving it 84 miles per day, it is really causing aches. I try to stretch as much as possible, but this only seems to provide temporary relief. Getting back in to the car starts the cycle all over again. I splurged (out of budget btw) for the 2013 limited because Consumer reports said it was more comfortable to have power leather seats. So far, I have been disappointed. I previously owned a 2000 Lexus ES 300 and the seats were extremely comfortable.

At last
By sweettooth on 12/25/12 06:14 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Pondered buying one of these for 2 years, watched prices and finally took the plunge. Out the door for $21,998 with all the equipment I wanted/needed and nothing extra. Love the smooth shifting 5 spd, cargo space, comfort, and the visibility out all windows. Coming from a sport wagon to means I have to learn patience as this is not a speed demon and I'm ok with that.

You get what you pay for
By vhewitt on 11/13/12 15:30 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru Forester 2.5X PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I like a lot of things about this car but a huge problem is the very poor quality of the interior . I have had it 4 weeks and had to buy after market seat covers because the seats are so poorly sewn I thought they would not hold up to normal usage . My dog stood on the front seat console and his claws put a hole in it . The same dog rode in my Jeep for years , stood on the same thing and it never left a mark let alone made a hole . My keys scratched the plastic , the dog put his feet on the dash and it left a scratch . It's almost impossible to use the car and not damage the interior . My Chevy Truck and Jeep Cherokee have the same usage and no damage . I truly hope it is mechanically sound

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Subaru Forester in VA is:

$128 per month*