2000 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Can't Complain
By Bobbi on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new Aug 2000. Had 2 miles on speedometer. It has been really a great car. Yes I've had some issues as with all cars but all in all It has treated me fairly good. The belts need to be changed around every sixty thousand miles and it still wants to squeal especially when cold. AC never that good. Oil dip stick broke off twice. They need to get rid of the plastic head. I have two hundred and thirty thousand on her and she's still running nice. Fuel pump replaced once. recall done on sensor...free I now need struts but won't put any more money in her as she's old. She's been a good car and I'll drive her till she stops!

Nissan Sentra
By Sergio on 05/25/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I have own this car since 2004. I bought from a dealership at 44,000 miles. I only had to do Oil Changes until 80,300 miles when the catalytic converter went bad. but, lucky enough was cover under warranty. (but, the dealership made me pay for half $400). Aside from regular up keep i haven't had to do much till recently. Now, I am at 127,000 and the radiator was cracked after that was fixed I started having issues with the Idling of the vehicle. which I am trying to get resolved now. Nissan is aware of this issue. when the vehicle is on Park it will go to 2-3,000 RPM. Oh yeah. I also had issues with the pedal sticking. but, I got it resolved. (read below how)

Piece of foreign junk!!!
By Awful luck with cars on 04/27/10 13:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this 5-spd car in Nov. 2008 only because my 93 Buick Centry(oh how I miss you!!!) finally died. So the car was great for the first 5 months, then the battery and alternator died, but i expected this since the car was 8 years old with 101,000 miles on it, so no big deal. a couple of months after that, Mass Airflow Sensor died, then EVAP Sensor, then a coil in 1 of my cylinders, then my struts, springs and strut mounts broke on the driver side....oh yea, and my check engine light is still on!! I've spent about 3k just trying to fix the car so it passed inspection, but after the struts blew, Im done!!! To make things worse...I still owe $2500 on the loan when I bought the car! My luck!

I have loved this car.
By Happy girl on 02/26/10 18:29 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Nissan in 2002. This car has been more than I could have hoped for. In 8 years of ownership I have only had 1 problem with the alternator going out at 133,000 miles. This car just keeps going and I often say I will drive it till it dies. The interior is a little small if you have a family and the drink holders are awkward but all in all this car has been awesome. Bravo to Nissan.

Owner of 10 years
By grezavi on 02/14/09 21:46 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car model when it was first released back in late 1999 as 2000. Typically I don't buy first model years but in this case I did because it was so much superior than the Civic or Toyota. I had problems with its electrical system and A/C in the first couple of years but after sorting that out, things have been great and I am very pleased. The last year or so a check engine light has come on, it is harmless for the part and has been on for about 40,000 miles so go figure. I am very impressed by the car now in its 10th year of ownership and I am tempted to repeat another Sentra purchase.

Steady eddy
By Scott on 11/17/08 17:11 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2000 Nissan Sentra GXE new. Now have over 133,000 miles and runs like the day I bought it from the dealer. Got 91,000 on original Bridgestone tires.

Problems down the road....
By tracey on 10/10/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 50k and had to replace 3 sensors right away totaling near $1,000. The main sensor needed to be replaced 3 times in a year (covered on warranty). Things were great for the next year nothing more than routie oil changes. at 100,000k things started to go wrong. Tranny blew at 101k. I don't drive rough and only locally drive pretty much. I was shocked. Speakers blew around 70k. I had bent my front rims after too many pot holes, they were impossible to find at a reasonable price considering the size was changed half way through the year (recall). Over all not bad, but really angry about the transmission.

Reliability and Cost Efficent
By UBR on 09/24/08 19:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I was given this vehicle at 60,000 from my parents. It is now at 140,070 miles and I must say it has been extreme reliable. I am a college student so like some, I don't bring it in for routine maintenance or bring it for oil changes when I should but It has been treating me well. So far I had to replace one of the coils which didn't go over 200 dollars total and other minor things but all in all. I haven't really had to spend much money compared to others to keep this car going. It's quite comfortable inside, GREAT mileage, the brakes work nice, audio system is pretty nice for a standard sound.

Great car for the money
By Happy Owner on 08/17/07 19:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

Everything I expected in a good quality, economical car! More affordable than the Hondas and Toyotas yet the same or better performance, gas mileage and reliability.

Great car - GREAT MPG - buy one today...
By Happy Owner on 06/09/07 18:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

Our Sentra GXE has been about perfect. We selected it over Hondas and Toyotas because of the equal reliability yet more affordable on the used market. Just took a long trip and got 35 mpg while cruising at 75 mph with AC on - WOW. Nearly 40 mpg should be achievable at 55 mph and no AC.

1 2 3 4 5 next »