Used 2004 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Some problems but I still LOVE this car!
By Drew

2004 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this car because my dad totaled our 2001 Lincoln and we all survived after a few rolls off a ditch. The safety of these cars is top notch! Because of this, we decided to buy another navi. I freaking love this car! It looks so stylish and is very very comfortable to ride in. The turning radius is great because the front wheels actually tilt slightly when you turn the wheel so you can easily turn around on a small road. The power is excellent with its 5.4L V8 engine...what a monster! We have had a few problems with the nav though, some power seat motors have broken (covered by warranty) The rear a/c unit clicks. And worst of all the gps/radio has crapped out. But I still love my nav

Style, comfort, smooth ride, powerful engine, great features!

Like I said, the radio has crapped out. For whatever reason, it has a short and whenever we turn the car off the subwoofer continues making a kind of "fart" sound (ha ha) and this kills the battery so we had to pull the fuse out. Also, when the fuse is in only the front left speakers work.

Sad
By Sad

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my navi for 4 years now. We bought it with 30k miles and LOVED the car. The bells and whistles were amazing, it was a top of the line luxury SUV. Once my car hit 70k miles it fell apart!! Break Line ($900), plugs ($1100), transmission ($2000), air suspension twice ($1500), cadillac converters ($3000) and the mirrors no longer fold in and the rear window whipper doesn't work anymore. I am so tired of putting money into this car. If you get one make sure you buy the extended warranty. These cars are know for having big problems. Now I'm upside down not only from the all the work I had done but now the dealership doesn't want to give me what my loan pay off is.... SADDENED

The interior room, folding 3rd row seats by the touch of a button, automatic back hatch, comfort, engine power.

Air suspension system they can't seem to get it right, MPG need alot of work mine is currently at 9 MPG!

" THE NAV "
By mike

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

where do i begin,this is the best vehicle i have owned, the sense of comfort,safety,pleasure driving this vehicle especially when the whole family is aboard is a reminder why we chose the navigator,this vehicle is 5 years old and still gets looks and attention from people like it just rolled off the showroom floor. the chrome wheels still shine like new and the mineral grey paint is my favorite combo.i recomend this vehicle to anyone considering to buy one i testdrove other suvs and this one clearly distinguished itself from the others.from the countless options to the classy luxury stance this vehicle has whether its parked or driving down the road is in a class of its own.

my wife loves the auto rearview mirrors, especially when shes backing up,my kids love the hifi dvd system and the navigation ,they call her "LOLA" from the movie RV. and i love the power liftgate and third row seats and accessability of getting in and out of the vehicle.

upgaded navigation, more woodgrain and a bigger dvd screen would complete this vehicle

Unmistakably Lincoln Quality
By J V McRae

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I took delivery of our Navi in 1/04 and 110k miles later WE STILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Admittedly, the only issues we have ever had were one-time third row ventilation sticking and an occasional running board delay at the driver's side door. Out of 5 yrs of ownership, the quality, ride, and overall performance has been excellent. In retrospect, I wish the HP were bumped up a bit; especially in light of new technology. But, oh well. As compared to other high end SUV models, I agree with earlier posts, our '04 still turns heads; especially among Escalade and Hummer owners....go figure? No disrespect to those brands, but there's luxury and then there's BOLD-yet-REFINED LUXURY!!

Running boards, heated/ac seats, entertainment system. Power third row seating and rear door. THE LEVELIZER SUSPENSION SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Lincoln has obviously made many refinements and advancements to its Navigator. I would like to see its engineers get on the bandwagon regarding hybrid technology and step up to the Lexus creed of high Ultra- low-emissions rankings.

2004 Navigator
By bothielm

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I drove my 04 Navigator off the lot brand new. I love it! It has been the most comfortable and reliable SUV I have ever owned. I especially love the DVD and sound system. Have never had a moments problem with the car. The only thing I would change would be a little less plastic in the back and maybe some door controls in the rear. Other than that I would not trade it for anything. You can not replace the comfortable ride you get while driving it!

DVD system, dual air controls, heated and air conditioned seats, power lift gate, power running boards.

Little less plastic in the back and more woodgrain; door controls in rear.