2013 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Review: Horrible Quality/Sold it!

2013 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Review

2013 Lincoln MKZ

Hybrid Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Horrible Quality/Sold it!
By sobe531 on

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

45 mpg is an Absolute Lie!
Closer to 36 mpg, and I live in super flat Florida.
While the car is beautifully designed it is made from very cheap quality parts and is constantly breaking.
Only 6 months old and been in the shop 4 times to repair/replace broken pieces and currently waiting for the entirely new interior roof trim to come in for a fifth visit.
That will also need to have several other areas replaced/repaired for a second time.
I am tired of the constant apologies from Lincoln about how awful the car is, I just want them to take it back.
The interior is a piece of junk.
Rattles, squeaks, pops, crackling noises all over the interior.
(just sold in Mar 2016, HAPPY DAY!)

• Interior design

• Quality of materials
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By lincolnmkz2013
on 09/25/13 21:53 PM (PDT)

You must be really unlucky with your car. Mine is the opposite - it's scarily quiet. It seems that all car makers across the border now have non-consistent product quality/assembly problems: I moved to Lincoln after I got tired repairing my Audi (also considered Avalon or Lexus hybrid but got scared by reported audio system problems in Lexus and broken headliner and cabin noise in Avalon). With MKZ, I average 37 after 1500 miles, and even though it's not close to 45, my average mpg still keeps adding every day. For a car this big with such excellent cargo capacity, 37-40 mpg in the city is still very respectable. All other full-size sedan hybrids only showed 24 mpg in the city on my test drives.

By ramatore
on 01/13/14 11:00 AM (PST)

Look at the per trip mileage. I got 50.1 mpg this morning driving into work. I barely needed to use the engine in rush hour traffic. I only have 700 miles on the car, and its 38 degrees here in Chicago right now. Paying attention to the gauges, especially the one that shows you the engine start threshold, can allow you to go very high on the mpg scale. I expect to average high 30's low 40's consistently once the weather warms up. If you tease it, the miles will come.