My Kia Forte SX Koup
By rskipk2 on
2012 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
This is a short review of my new Kia which I have had for several months now. I am still getting to know the car but these are my impressions so far: First off, I know the Koup will be completely changed for 2013 but I love the look and style of the one I have, light silver with black leather interior w/red stitching. About the interior: It is well built and very comfortable however some of the materials used in the door panels are just average.The car is quick, good looking, and very easy to live with on a daily basis. Average mpg is about 23, it likes to be driven and that is what I love. There are no rattles or noises, it feels solid and is very fun to drive, especially on two lane roads.
Favorite Features
I love the bluetooth, stereo, leather interior, tires and wheels(they do ride a bit stiff, 17" low profile tires and wheels").I have every option except a navigation system and push button start. The gauges are very well done w/red lighting. The paddle shifters are fun and a favorite of everyone who has driven the car. It is quick for it's class and to me my favorite feature is that it doesn't look like anything else on the road, especially a Civic! This is my first Kia, I usually own VW's but I love this car as a driver's car. There isn't a whole lot of room in the back but I have no kids so it is fine for me.I am happy with the overall package and the price and especially the warranty!
Suggested Improvements
The only main improvement, which I am sure will be addressed in the 2013 Forte, is the interior quality. i have to rate it as slightly above average for the seats but the interior plastics are a bit cheap, not bad but they aren't "Ford Focus" quality. The Kia also didn't cost close to 30k like a loaded Focus either. I don't think the car looks dated as some have said, I love the styling as I am sure I will love the new Forte as well. There just isn't many sporty two door coupes made so it stands out in the crowd. I do hope the new Koup addresses the road noise issues and I am sure it will. I also hope Kia doesn't change styling every 3 years, 5 would be better for me.