2001 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Loving my jeep
By alex on 04/14/10 10:05 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this jeep for about a 1 1/2 years now. It replaced my cj7.This has to be the best all around veh I have owned. As far as comfort (it's a jeep) not built for that. It's a fun no nonsense type veh. I did replace the fan to an electrical type.Installed Banks cold air intake, mickey thompson rims and tires (15X33.12.50) and a 4 inch lift with one inch body lift. Reliability has been great. I love this truck and I recommend it to anyone.

Fun to drive
By jroads on 06/16/06 11:39 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been fun to drive. As for being an "SUV", it sure doesn't drive like one, is very maneuverable, and a breeze to park about anywhere. Where it DOES match an SUV is gas mileage. I've had no major problems with it to date, and enjoy every drive I take.

Great Deal
By tom on 03/20/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Wrangler for so long, took a while to find the right one for the right price. Got my 5 speed standard transmission, cruise and low miles. I love my Jeep; used to have the Cherokee, but have fallen head over heels for this Sahara. Not the greatest of fuel economy, but it's the funnest vehicle I have ever driven. Rides like a Jeep, but is actually a lot smoother riding than others I have driven. I find it comfortable and very reliable with the inline six and the indestructible transmission; definitely one of the more reliable vehicles out there.

Not to bad so far
By Pennst on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got this Jeep about a year and a half ago. I'm sure I am not the only one experiancing a little rust around the hinges, that's about it. Ride quality is o.k.. I marked gas mileage a 2, I think a 1 would be reserved for the H2. I really like it, never any problem's with the Chicago winter's. The only thing is that the stock GS-a tires aren't to good in the snow.

Why drive anything else?
By DerekB on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 10th vehicle, but my first 'suv'. The wrangler is very capable of doing anything that needs to be done....and with the vast amounts of aftermarket support, your options are near limitless. As far as gas mileage, it isn't the best, but look at other trucks/suv's and you will see that it's by far not the worst. The interior is designed for ruggedness and comfort at the same time. Forget to put your top on during a rain storm? A normal occurence that would destroy most vehicles, is simply taken care of with a Wrangler. Just pull the plugs and empty the water, and go for a drive to let it dry out.

Solid vehicle
By decktout1 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is rock solid. I am 6'-3" and sit comfortably. Stereo with subwoofer really kicks for a stock system. Car goes anywhere, nimble. Convertible is fun, soft top is tight, and hard top keeps the heat out. Great AC. 4.0 V6 gives all the kick in the butt you need.

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
By Martijp on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We love this vehicle. I had been in older jeeps, and thought I'd never own one. But this Jeep rides and drives so much better. It's much more refined than its predecessors. We're only selling it because we want more room.

Awesome Sahara
By csulli on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my jeep wrangler. It is the first car i have ever owned and i havent had any problems with it.

love this thing
By tac on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

great would do it again it just needs more room

Die before buying a Wrangler.
By James Qwilleran on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We cannot stand this unacceptable car. It is extremely uncomfortable, breaks down often, has cheap interior materials, ghastly fuel economy, and we could go on and on.