Used 2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Most Helpful|
Fun to drive, pretty and good on gas
By KC

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My car is great. I had 2 door handles on the same side of car break in the first yr, but warranty cv'd it. Must have been a bad batch! This car sips gas, I get 30 mpg regularly. I've driven over 50,000 miles on it (20,000 on it when we bought it used in 2008) & enjoyed every minute of it. We used to rent cars to go visit family - no more. Ours is more comfy and has XM too! Paint does scratch faster, body has a few bumps (8 yo son=damage!) but it's really a great buy. The trunk is HUGE & that's why I purchased it. I carry lots of equipment for work. I can keep it in this car, AND go get a few groceries too! Really, it's an amazing trunk! Wish the carpet wasn't tan, but it cleans up pretty well.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are: Color (red), styling (cute-I still turn my head when I see another one on the road!), handling, sunroof, stereo sound, mp3 player, XM radio, GAS MILEAGE!

Suggested Improvements

Better plastic on doors (mine scratched when I shut door on a bulky item), better paint, I really like this vehicle! Buy one if you have been thinking about it.

Will never buy again
By amanda

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 it has already left me stranded twice. I have had the sensor that runs the whole car replaced twice within the first 12 months the car interior pint started to peel and bubble Hyundai also wanted to make me pay part of the tow when my car quit working on me in the middle of the highway.

Favorite Features

sound system and sun roof

Suggested Improvements

The chip that makes the whole car run the interior paint as well as exterior paint.

Average Car
By beardude92

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Elantra early November and was genuinely excited as it was my first vehicle bought from a dealership. However, that excitement quickly dissipated the more I drove the car. While the acceleration is adequate, it does leave much to be desired, especially when the vehicle returns a mild 26 MPG on average with a 5-speed. The 5-speed on my Hyundai is also in need of repair with only 100k miles on the vehicle. The handling responds, but without a sense of urgency, leaving a very dull engagement, even on curvy roads. When thrown into a turn, the car listens, but in such a way that it seems lethargic. All-in-all, not a bad car. Just an incredibly lackluster experience.

Favorite Features

My Hyundai doesn't have many features worth mentioning, though I do like the fact that it has disk brakes all around. While the automated volume control that adjusts the radio volume is cool in theory, I've found that it is incredibly, and sometimes painfully faulty, often resulting in the radio shooting to maximum output when you try to turn it down.

Suggested Improvements

For some people, a bland, unexciting car is exactly what they are looking for, but I am personally left with a very bad taste in my mouth. Some improvements that I would personally make would be to liven up the suspension. It seems that the Elantra is marketed towards the millennial group, who are more focused on fun than practicality, and it falls short, especially when vehicles such as the Ford Focus, or even a later model WRX fall within the same price range. The radio controls could vastly be improved, as previously mentioned, as well as the transmission lasting longer. My final suggestion would be to possibly downsize the engine, but add a turbo, much like the Chevy Sonic for added pep.

worse car i have ever bought
By ruddym

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2007 Elantra 5 year's ago and it was new when I bought it. there is now miles on the car the car is falling apart. like the rack & pinion, the clock spring. i would never buy anothe hyundai elantra again!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

its good on gas

Happy College student
By Happy Elantra owner

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this beauty after months of deliberation between the civic, corolla, honda fit and accent. For 12,000, I got it used with 19k mi on it. In general, this car is very reliable, love the blue lighting, interior space. Friends with the corolla and civic love to ride in this car as it is just Bigger from the inside. It rides very well. I have taken 1000 mi + road trips in this car and it has not given any problems. It has tackled rain, sun and snow like a beast. I would highly recommend this affordable, fuel-thrifty, comfortable hyundai to anyone. I am sold with Hyundai's dedication to making good cars, and am looking at buying the Genesis coupe as soon as I get out of Grad school.

Favorite Features

Blue lighting, reliability, comfort, ride comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Some people have said it looks fat from the sides, maybe make it a little lower and more 'sleek', would be great.