Used 2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great car!
By Lindsay

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I love my Elantra. When I was looking to buy a new car last year, I singled in on the Elantra because of it's rave reviews and all the comparisons people were making between it and similar vehicles (Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic) in terms of dependability and other perks. My previous vehicle was a Toyota Corolla (so far I like the Elantra just as much). During the first year of ownership I've not had any mechanical problems (knock on wood) and have had to do minimal maintenance on it. It's exactly what I wanted in a vehicle--it's dependable, low-maintenance, nice looking, has acceptable gas mileage, has good standard features, and wasn't outrageous in terms of pricetag.

Love the standard features like automatic windows, locks, CD player, and cruise control (as my Corolla didn't have any of these and was more expensive). The blue interior lighting is very pleasant to look at as is the sporty exterior.

Gas mileage--as it does not get as good mpg as a Toyota or Honda. & durability of the body/paint--I live in the city and am always getting bumped by other cars parallel parking which tends to chip my paint and dent the body really easily.

Great car for the price
By Lonnie

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a commuter mostly because of the gas mileage. I was fully expecting to have to make allowances for driving an "economy" car but have been completely surprised in all respects. People are going to laugh but I actually drive my Elantra on weekends now while my '07 Caddy CTS spends most of the time in the garage. Absolutely no problems with nearly 45000 miles on the clock. I added aftermarket tinting and put new, larger tires on it with some aftermarket wheels just for appearance sake but there's not much else I'd change about this car. All this for under 13000 out the door. Great job, Hyundai!

Relatively spirited performance and respectable handling considering this is supposedly an economy car. I have the stick shift. Oh, and the MPG is great!

Exterior with GLS standard tires and wheels perform well but appearance is not all it could be.

25,000 and climbing
By limee925

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the vehicle 2 years. Absolutely no problems with anything. Put gas in the car and drive with oil changes every 5000 miles. Not a creak, groan or rattle. Very happy with everything that I use the car for. Its comfortable with great gas mileage consistently in the low 30's with mixed driving. Best so far has been 39.8mpg on a 700 mile drive to Washington state. Would certainly recommend to anyone who wants a solid, dependable, reliable, comfortable car who has an aversion to dealers workshops!

Comfortable, quiet, solidly built. Gauges in blue backlight and the sound system is better than my other car costing $10,000 more!

Darker tinting on the glass. Smoother engine with acceleration.

beware
By tom

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

have to replace bulbs all the time @ 20,067 miles NEW TRANSMISSION 4 days in the shop wipers replaced numerous times i'm 61 yrs old owned alot of new cars in my time this is by far the worst read all reviews and research all said best car in class even still they use these terms we all had to laugh at these comments by so called professional as we waited @ customer sevice wondering what would be next hey got me out of yard work and to you pro's have some integrality then i'll get the grass cut !!!!!

that it starts

trash compactor start fresh refunds for time spent @ customer sevice

great small car!
By sts7049

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM Option (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was skeptical about buying a Hyundai at first based on past reputation, but I'm definitely sold on them now. Great amount of features for the price you pay. The manual transmission makes it fairly sporty to drive, and I'm averaging a solid 30 mpg in mixed driving. Plenty of room on the inside, spacious trunk. Have only had one minor issue that was fixed quickly under warranty, other than that no problems whatsoever. My only other minor complaint is I wish the gearing was such that the rpm's on the freeway would come down a bit - at 70 mph it's at about 3000 rpm, which is a tad noisy. It's not bothersome though.

gas mileage, stereo (nice sound for a stock system), interior space, styling

an extra gear for freeway cruising