Used 2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

A Good Car
By rusl

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost three years now and have got 51,000 miles on it. I average around 34 highway and 26 city. The only problems so far were the air conditioning vents breaking and the dealership replaced those immediately. Hyundai has been really good standing behind their warranty. The only real problem that I have is the car uses oil. It uses about 3/4 quart every 5000 miles.

I really like the blue lights. They are easy on the eyes. Has decent acceleration for the price. The ride is nice and is pretty quiet. The stereo is clear. Lots of leg room.

Need to upgrade the cheap cloth seats. The door paneling is also very cheap. I would also like to see a little better gas mileage. My Toyota Corolla blows it away in this regard.

Best little car
By Brian B.

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had 4 hyundai's. Two were Accents and 2 were Elantra's. All were exceptional in quality and performance. My newest is a 2007 Elantra GLS. The fuel economy, performance, and vehicle quality are the best you will get for the money! This car we'll be around for years to come. You just can't beat it.

XM radio,cruise control, power windows and door locks and heated mirrors.

Tires could have been Michalin as standard as was on my 2002 Elantra.

Great Car!
By Gman

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I love my Elantra. When I was looking to buy a new car last year, I singled in on the Elantra because of it's rave reviews and all the comparisons people were making between it and similar vehicles (Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic) in terms of dependability and other perks. My previous vehicle was a Toyota Corolla (so far I like the Elantra just as much). During the first year of ownership I've not had any mechanical problems (knock on wood) and have had to do minimal maintenance on it. It's exactly what I wanted in a vehicle.

Love the standard features like automatic windows, locks, CD player, and cruise control. The blue interior lighting is very pleasant to look at as is the sporty exterior.

Gas mileage--as it does not get as good mpg as a Toyota or Honda & durability of the body/paint.

2007 Hyundai Elantra with Paint Problems
By frustatedhyundaiuser

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

2007 Hyundai Elantra (fiery red color), 32k miles, “under warranty”, with sections of peeling clear coat and localized areas of fracturing paint, penetrating through the clear coat & top coat on the hood, roof, and trunk. Car was bought brand new in late 2007 (previous year’s model). Within one year, these issues began appearing, and have progressively gotten worse. Now, there are 50+ total spots throughout the car’s paint surface.

Reliable, and fuel economic

Improve the quality paint, or paint application process

Great car!
By Lindsay

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I love my Elantra. When I was looking to buy a new car last year, I singled in on the Elantra because of it's rave reviews and all the comparisons people were making between it and similar vehicles (Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic) in terms of dependability and other perks. My previous vehicle was a Toyota Corolla (so far I like the Elantra just as much). During the first year of ownership I've not had any mechanical problems (knock on wood) and have had to do minimal maintenance on it. It's exactly what I wanted in a vehicle--it's dependable, low-maintenance, nice looking, has acceptable gas mileage, has good standard features, and wasn't outrageous in terms of pricetag.

Love the standard features like automatic windows, locks, CD player, and cruise control (as my Corolla didn't have any of these and was more expensive). The blue interior lighting is very pleasant to look at as is the sporty exterior.

Gas mileage--as it does not get as good mpg as a Toyota or Honda. & durability of the body/paint--I live in the city and am always getting bumped by other cars parallel parking which tends to chip my paint and dent the body really easily.