2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Horrible fuel consumption
By Never another Honda on 03/08/07 14:25 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The fuel consumption estimate on the sales sticker states 17 MPG city and 22 MPG highway. I get from 9 to 12 MPG. Dealer keeps telling me to wait for the engine to break in but as I put more miles on this gas guzzler, the fuel efficiency is getting worse.

Pilot after couple of months of driving
By Zaffi on 03/07/07 19:20 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I tested in snow by taking it for a spin, and it maintained its grip on the pavement. Engine sounds powerful and responsive. My biggest issue is with the mileage claim. Honda say 17/22, and I have consistently getting no more than 18 miles on mostly highway drive.

Let it snow!
By Gilbrod on 03/07/07 08:44 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this because me and the wife needed not only the extra space, but also something that would not strand us when it snows. It has all the safety features we need for our two boys (2 yrs and one on the way). It yelled at my wife for not buckling up! That was awesome. The Pilot handles like a dream. Whenever I need that extra kick, it gives it to me. On the snow, it responds smoothly with no shakiness. I don't know what others had, but my wheels have not shaking going past 65. I have gone as fast as 85 with no waggle. But the road noise was something else.

Honda Pilot EXL 2007 Model
By George on 03/07/07 06:39 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previously owned a 2003 Pilot. We now have the 2007 EXL 2 wheel drive. Excellent vehicle all the way around. Great acceleration, comfort, space and looks. Compared to our previous SUV which was a 4 Runner from Toyota, the Honda Pilot appears to be a more solid vehicle. It gives you a great sense of security.

disappointed
By honda pilot on 03/04/07 17:01 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

have had this for only two months and the gas mileage has been no better than 15 mpg. we lease and i called to see if we bought another honda vehicle would they consider to get us out of lease. response was it would cost us at least 3000 dollars to get out of lease. very disappointed with all parties concerned.we had a buick rendezvous and were much happier. should have stayed with buick.

I love to drive this car!
By steel blu on 03/03/07 19:31 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the looks of this car and the beauty of the ride. Mileage isn't that great but this is an SUV and the engine has some spunk. The only big complaint is the size of the key. It's BIG. Couldn't they have built it to fold in a case.

Great Honda!
By Steve Urban on 03/01/07 13:51 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle because my family and I did not want a mini van. The Pilot is excellent in all ways because of not only safety but comfort, and reliability. The Navi is great and we got the pilot for $5000 off msrp! The only quirk with the pilot is it seems to hesitate during acceleration and the dealer couldn't duplicate it. But other than that this car just ROCKS in almost every way!

So far so good
By app1wml on 02/22/07 10:34 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my new Pilot for a month now. Smooth ride, comfortable seating, large cargo area with third row folded flat. Gas mileage has been as advertised (18+ city), just don't gun it off the line and you'll be fine. Crossbars on roof rack should be standard. Don't notice the front-end wobbling at high speeds, others have complained about.

Tippy Truck
By ADM on 02/09/07 11:55 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this vehicle mostly because we disliked it the least. Coming out of driving only cars, I am appalled at how poorly this thing handles. Steering response is so slow mushy that I feel like I am sending signals to the engine room ("hard aport!") whenever I make a steering adjustment. Also, I was very surprised that the 6disk CD changer does not play mp3 encoded disks. On the plus side, the build quality is excellent, the engine is quite and responsive and the seating arrangement is very versatile

Getting Better
By rwf on 02/05/07 19:29 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second PILOT. The first was a new 2004 LX (great vehicle). The 2007 EX-L however is an outstanding vehicle. Honda has refined the design. Listened to the customer and made small changes that make a big difference in the PILOT driving experience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.