Second gen owner - very satisfied so far
By sunnycali on
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I replaced a 2002 Odyssey EX-L RES with this 2012 EX-L w/ Nav. So far very pleased with the way the vehicle drives and it is rich in features. Feels solidly built but based on my experience with older one bought 5 year maintenance and 8y/120 mi warranty. Very spacious interior, nice external styling especially when you look at it from the back. Was considering Turing Elite but didn't feel the price difference justified the additional features for my lifestyle. Mileage is around 18.5 city/hw, but it has been less than a week so I will give it time.
Favorite Features
1. Drives and handles turn very comfortably 2. Low noise level (road noise) 3. very spacious, easy to move around, excellent seating 7/8, ease to reconfigure especially make second row captains chairs 4. Voice activation for controls (temp, audio, navi - thank god, dont' have to use joystick) 5. Three view back up camera. 6. Push button/remote close for the trunk, helps when you both your hands are full with grocery bags.
Suggested Improvements
1. Keyless entry and keyless start 2. If I remove the middle seat from second row, the two captains chairs will not have arm rest. 3. Hate joy stick for navi instead of touch screen (too hard to put in the right alphabets) 4. Reduce wind noise from the driver window (chronical issue - had it in my older one too, it has reduced but still hear it faintly on freeway) 5. Move USB por from inside the glove compartment to dash next to aux port.
By sunnycali
on 09/04/12 13:41 PM (PDT)

2K mile Update: Thought I update with latest information after having driven both surface streets and freeways. Freeway only mileage - 27/gal; city only mileage - 14/Gal, a combined 60% city/40% freeway - 21/gal, I am very cautious in driving to get to cruising mode quickly so the eco light comes on the dash for best mileage. Features I don't like. 1. Road noise - continues to be pain (Honda, this is not rocket science, 10 years is a long time to fix it) 2. back up camera - cheap low resolution camera, day time works great but at night highly grainy. My 3y old vehicle has better camera. 3. Speakers for the 3rd seat are not placed well so have to put it on high volume for 3rd row seat passengers. 4. Voice recognition needs practice, often misunderstanding make it painful to re-enter information. Joystick is time consuming to choose one alphabet at a time. 5. Sluggish in lower gear to pick up, especially when merging into freeway. What I like about it (besides what I mentioned in my original post) 1. Stylish looks 2. Drives very well, when in cruise is very smooth 3. Manages fuel efficiency better with cruise control on 4. Kids love the spacious interior, very easy to seat 8 and get in and out easily.