2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
2011 Honda Odyssey Ex Falling apart
By dustync on 07/19/13 14:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Now over 181,000 miles on the car, I think I'm qualified to call the Odyssey a piece of Junk! The ticking sound a lot of people hear when turning the car; those are no doubt, defective CV shaft and joints. You just won't find out until you put more miles on the car. I took the car in at 5,000 miles because of the ticking; the dealer "lubricated" the front strut mounts? Between 12,000 and 93,000 miles, I had six (6) front brake jobs, including 3 rotor replacements. Turns out that quite possibly, the Dealer mechanics were not re-installing the rotors to proper specs, and they would warp in no time! Ever since taking it to my independent shop; Zero problems (brakes). Many other Defects!

Waste of 40Gs
By 2goldens_1 on 12/23/11 08:36 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Too many problems that Honda cannot fix. Tried 6 times still can't fix them, so they have now determined 'normal'. It is normal for the AC to turn on by itself. It is normal for it to start vibrating as if going over rumble strips. It is normal for the front end to make grinding noises. It is normal for 'Low Battery' message to come on all the time. By the way, when vibration gets very bad, I've lost throttle response - cannot accelerate. Has happened three times. Only 6000 kms on vehicle. Wish I bought Toyota Sienna or Dodge would have been better. This is my third and last new Honda vehicle. Customer service has been pathetic. Don't buy this lemon on wheels!

Not happy; Should have stayed with Sienna.
By reyam on 09/08/11 15:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in Feb. 2011. It now has 12500 miles combined city and highway. This Honda shifts erratically and down shifts with a jerk. The transmission seems to be searching for the correct gear way too much. It has poor low end torque from a stop light and will occasionally not react when I step on the gas; scary when proceeding through a 4 way stop. I took it to the dealer 2 times but upon their road test said it was acting normally. Very noisy on interstate roads but quiet in town. I owned 2 Toyota Sienna's before; one had 157,000 miles and the other had 218,000 miles. No problems with either one. I went with Honda this time because Toyota was going through some quality control problems.

Smooth ride. Comfortable interior.
By mauimomof3 on 05/31/11 13:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We spent so much time hemming and hawing over which van to buy. Sienna vs. Odyssey. I did NOT like the exterior styling of the 2011 Odyssey. But it's grown on me a little. To me, the Sienna has and still has nicer exterior styling. After test driving it and sitting in all 3 rows, I had to go with the Odyssey. Odyssey is smoother shifting, handles better and is more comfortable inside. The plastics and cloth seems to be higher quality than the Sienna, also. This car is fun to drive. Really drives like a car. I had a mid-sized SUV (2WD) before this and Odyssey blows it away not only in power but handling!

2011 Odyssey Still Has Front Brake Rotor Issues
By dustync on 04/21/11 07:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a Love - Hate Relationship... Love the Fuel Economy (31.9 mpg at 64 mph Hwy). Hate that Honda actually advertised the fact that they "re-engineered" the Front Brake Rotors, yet at 11,850 miles, the Dealer (Honda Autopark in Cary,NC) replaced them due to "WARPING". The very same issue I had with my 2007 Odyssey! The front windshield had excessive distortion along a 5-6" band of the sides, so this was also replaced. Several of the bolt together body parts, fenders,etc. do not line up well at all (assembly issues), but have not addressed that yet. If you start having any vibration coming from the front-end of your Odyssey, have the brake rotors checked before 12,000 mile warranty.

OMGosh
By believe on 04/11/11 22:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned Hondas since the 70's. This is by far the nicest, smoothest riding, quietest, vehicle we have ever owned. There is no problem at all merging into traffic, and there are no blind spots. We love the little wing window, the sterio is so easy to use. I can drive all day in these comfy seats. So much room for storage. I see where there are a few complaints with the exterior design, we find that funny. The exterior design, in our opinion is simply beautiful. Honestly, really take a good look at this van and compare it to others. I'll take this over the others in a heart beat. My brother and his wife said it's like riding in a luxury car. We have to agree. Drive one!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Odyssey in WA is:

$147 per month*