VCM - needs an OFF switch
By gman on
2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
The VCM activates/deactivates about 150 times per 100 miles. Each time it activated I lost about 2-4 mph while on 70mph (cruise control). When it deactivates VCM all of the cylinders kick back in and I was back up to my cruise control setting speed of 70mph. Rather annoying especially when you have vehicles in front and behind you and they are at a steady cruise speed. Down to 3 cylinders is when you hear and feel an annoying growling. Then a loss of power and you lose speed. HONDA, please put in a switch to disengage the 3 cylinder mode which I believe is the issue. The 4 cyl mode doesn't seem to be a problem. From NY to FL, I experienced the same.
Favorite Features
Exterior style, seating arrangements, space, color, rear fold down, middle removable, reliability, stature, overall performance.
Suggested Improvements
HONDA, please put in a switch to disengage the 3 cylinder mode. VCM 6/4/3 switch. A Sport Suspension Mode would be nice as well, especially when you are loaded. Needs a better XM radio. My Sonata has a better one. Standard tow package would be nice.