2003 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews 35

2003 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great car, but not perfect
By great car on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great van. Awesome engine! However, slightly disappointed with fit and finish- loose plastic panel in the passenger door. Also, it rattles at highway speed- Come on Honda! I expect better QC for a 28K van!!

Honda Odyssey Trans Probs. rated POOR!
By TELL THE TRUTH on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

THIS IS FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ARE Intending to purchase the Honda Odyssey van. GO TO a search engine and type in "HONDA PROBLEMS". THE ODYSSEY HAS HAD TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS FROM 1999 TO 2003,AND THEY WILL NOT FIX THEM.YOU MUST PAY OVER $6.000 to have them repaired when they go out of warrenty at about 36,000 miles/3 years,so don't listen to all these reports how great these van are. There are several sites with true comsumer comments. Like I would tell anyone buying a new car..take a little time and...Due some checking before your purchase!

Like it a lot!
By Alon on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While I've only had the Odyssey for about a week now, I am extremely impressed with it. Size, seating options and reputation for reliability were our reasons for choosing this over Chrysler & Toyota minivans. I wasn't too thrilled about getting a minivan, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be. Drives better than my 98 Nissan Altima.

Better than a Chrysler product by miles!
By gfrodo on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 3.5 V6 is really peppy and xmission shifts smoothly, but drops into overdrive (5th gear) a little too soon. very comfortable - a real pleasure to travel in. A lot of city driving will kill the mileage, as will a lead foot! We get 22-23 with mixed city/hwy and have gotten as much as 27 on pure highway driving. The flat cornering and very short turning radius make driving and handling a pleasure.

The Review
By Anup on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I liked the space. It is very roomy. But the heated seats in the front are terrible. It takes so long to warm up and when it does its still hardly anything. I love the DVD player

Honda the name you can trust
By md180 on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Odyssey EX (1999) van we have owned. We put over 160,000 miles on our last Odyssey with no troubles. Did have a lot of recalls, this was ok with us. We went for the '03 van only because of some upgrades and plan to keep the van for many years.

Nice !!
By JayandJulie on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey is fabulous. The salesman was wonderful. I can't think of anything I would change about either the product or the entire purchasing experience. Thank you so much. I will never drive anything other than a Honda.

Better than a Suburban!
By KCB on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 4 girls aged 11-4 years. I was nervous about downsizing from a Suburban, but figured we always pack light anyway. This car is great. It is unbelievably quick, both in starting from 0 mph to 65 and in how quickly it stops when you break. Even my husband admitted it was SO much nicer to drive than the old truck. Additionally, it has a huge amount of space -- the cargo space in the back is very deep.

love our honda
By happy folk on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We never were minivan people, but when we had our third child something had to give. The odyssey GAVE!!!!!! From day one we loved the ride, handling and were surprised by the performance.The leather interior is comfortable. It really has a neat apperance and nice lines. a winner!

The Premier Minivan
By Phil Marlowe on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I test drove Mazda, Dodge, and the Odyssey. The Odyssey had the best features for the money. I have owned several cars and trucks for about 30 years, but this vehicle is the most enjoyable one I have owned. It is fun to drive and has been a pleasure to ride in. I hope that I still will love it after more miles are put on it.