2002 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great Car
By K-vill on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over all pleased with the Honda. The customer support has been better than any other dealer I have worked with in the past. I do have an issue with the brake noise and the small arm rest. We have also replaced the windshield for the third time in less than 18 months. It seems that the aero dynamics pulls rocks into the windshield not over it. We are going to try a bug shield.

Better get the transmission cooler!
By gloomis on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Yeah I know, the Odyssey has won all kinds of awards, but I am here to tell you they have problems. Mine is a 02 EX model with Navi. My tranny blew on I-75 in rural Georgia while I was cruising at 80 mph with my wife and two kids on board. The local dealer told me he had seen this before in both Accords and Odysseys where the tranny overheats and blows the fluid. Mine was covered under warranty and replaced after two weeks in the shop. The Honda dealer put in a rebuilt tranny. Honda eventually extended the warranty on the tranny to 10/100K from 3/35K. Also had problems with a door regulator, door seal and rear wiper. Look into a Toyota Sienna instead.

Versatile All-Around Van
By Fayette on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the ability to be able to comfortably seat 7 people one trip and haul a large load home from the hardware store the next. I feel safe in this car and get reasonable gas mileage (about 20 mpg) for a car this large.

Best Van I've owned
By dixiemom99 on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previously owned a Ford Windstar and had multiple problems with it. Honda Odyssey has been reliable, comfortable, and fun to travel in. I drive a lot with kids and find they are very happy with the comfort of the car and the entertainment system.

Lot's of Problems
By UnhappyHokie on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had our van for about 1 year. In that time it's been in the shop over 20 times. New struts, DVD player, seat belts, etc. Most recently we've learned that the intake manifold cover gasket was install "upside down." As a result, EGR and air intake ports are/were covered so the whole air/fuel mixture was messed up leading to a "multiple" cylinders failure. BTW: This problem also affects Pilots. So, we've now had the gasket changed but haven't seen an improvement. So many repair under warranty; what can we expect once the warranty has expired?

Time will tell
By Not so happy on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great van for conveience with infants and toddlers. Power sliding doors a plus.Great power.Need improvement on driver and passenger arm rest comfort. Transmission is begining to make a high pich noise at certain speeds. Honda coustomer service is no help either. For this reason probaly will not buy another Honda.

Good Car, a bit Noisy
By glassland on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned the EX for 18 months. Car is comfortable, reliable with no problems. Good power. Have taken the car on two 2500 mile round trip vacations.

ODYSSEY EX DVD LEATHER
By SAMFA on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

EXCELLENT ALL AROUND VEHICLE

2002 Odyssey
By Arya B Christiawan on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have tried almost all of recent minivan available in the market. Odyssey and Windstar is so far are the best in my opinion. But still there are more advantage of Odyssey over Windstar, include its re-sale value, larger capacity, and I think in long term Honda is well known on their engine reliability and durability. However they can not beat the customer support offer by Ford at US.

Far Exceeded My Expectations
By AAM on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a dream vehicle for anyone wanting a minivan. We have 4 children ages 11 months - 8 yrs old, and have used it around town and on long roadtrips (just returned from a 4,000 mile trip last week). It is easy to handle and was designed nicely to handle children and cargo. After using for a year and a half I still feel that it was a very good investment. The only item we thought we would not like were the power side doors. However, it turns out that we like them very much.