2001 Honda Odyssey 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2001 Honda Odyssey - still

2001 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2001 Honda Odyssey - still going strong
By ResIspaLoq on

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This minivan has always been fun to drive. The way this car was designed, with its tight wheelbase and good road feel made me think that Honda wanted to capture the Accord drivers and had to offer a performance car with the highest safety ratings. It was relatively expensive at the time, but if I'm going to drive my kids and other people's kids everywhere, I wanted to the safest car. At the time, we spent a lot of time driving to activities and vacations. Honda did have a transmission recall, and did the whole replacement for free. We also liked the fact that you could convert the rear seat, which is not something other vans were capable of doing at the time.

Favorite Features

1) high horsepower, 2) drives like a car, 3) convertible back seat 4) first minivan with rollbars (roof is supported by structure), 5) automatic doors

Suggested Improvements

The front row accommodations have always been horrible. Moms need convenience. That tray in the middle is useless. In fact, they changed it in 2002. Also, I would have preferred better sound; they should offer Bose or something high quality.