2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Dying Breed - Get One Before L

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Dying Breed - Get One Before LX is Gone!
By 3RdHonda on

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda, all based on the Civic platform, dating back to 1982. The first two were 82 and 89 Civics. They served their purpose, but I ended up with a bunch of Toyotas, including a 1993 Toyota Previa which now has well over 400K miles. When looking for an all-around family utility vehicle, I almost ended up buying the Toyota RAV4, but the 2005 model was too small and the 2006 model is trying to be another Toyota Highlander, bigger and over-priced. I searched all over car lots for something to set itself apart, that's when I came across the 2006 Honda CR-V LX 4WD, the ONLY trim level made in Japan, not England. All 2007 CR-V will be bigger made outside Japan; that's OK, Right?

Everything in this car is made to work well together. I had the Double DIN Stereo removed and put in a Kenwood DX7017 DVD/CD/MP3/WAV/XM Radio and hooked up a rear camera to the unit. Now backing up is quite safe. The transmission is tuned perfectly to the engine. High seating position is great!

Nothing major should be changed. I wish they would not redesign the CR-V for 2007 just to compete with Toyota RAV4, bigger and all that other stuff. Outside temperature plus tire pressure monitor would have been nice, though the dash is so simple and uncluttered and elegant; suits me well.