Love the car, needs more "Sport"
By pablocruze2 on
2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
After 3 months and 5,800 miles I am over all happy with my Accord Sport. The excellent manual transmission really gives this car some character, and it succeeds in its mission as a fun, affordable commuter car as well as a family hauler. I took a very close look at the new Mazda 6 Touring MT (an excellent car) but the Accord won out on virtue of superior head room (for my tall family), outward visibility, better shifter and the smoother, higher revving engine. I would have preferred to have had a bit more sport added from the factory (front seats, suspension, steering wheel feedback and small interior details) which would have transformed it into a front wheel drive quasi-sport sedan.
Favorite Features
Snick-snick slick manual transmission (Thank you Honda!), engine that pulls strong to the redline, roomy interior, great fit and finish
Suggested Improvements
Seat are too soft, with poor grip and very poor lateral support. I slide to the side when taking freeway on ramps at moderate speed. Very poor lumbar support (plan on replacing them with Recaro seats). Suspension is fine when going strait, but there's too much body roll and side-to-side tossing when taking curves (plan to lower it an inch or so, replacing the springs, shocks and sway bars). The chrome surrounding the shifter, cup holders, as well as in other places, could have been composed of that faux carbon fiber that's on the dash. The chrome looks un-sporty, and reflects the sun into your eyes. More sportiness baked in from Honda could have separated it from more "pedestrian" Accords.