Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Just buy it already.
By barkman003

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Love the cvt. The black color is expensive looking. Attracts a crowd everywhere it is parked. I am 6'3" and have tons of leg room and head room. Stereo sucks when set on radio, but sounds good through Aux. or blu. It is just 4 speakers and reminds me of the sound of my car stereos from the 80's and 90's. It is fast and handles well. Ride is sporty firm, but still very comfortable. The goodyear tires are OK, but would rather have had the Michelins. The interior lighting is lacking and looks kind of cheap when the dome light is lit. Headlights are bright. Arm rest is perfect. Steering wheel is good size and easy to grip. I am thinking about buying a another one to drive i like it that much.

Cvt, color black. wheels are nice. Looks expensive. Built well. good gas mileage. drives really nice and fun.

The stereo needs updating. Interior lighting is not good enough and cheap looking.

Glad I selected the Sport model
By mxi81

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my first Honda after trading in my 2003 Mazda6s and so far I have been pleased. It lacks the performance of my old V6 mazda, but still performs well overall. The mpg has been around 30 combined on 50/50 mixed highway/local driving. I tested the Altima, Accord, & Fusion and ultimately the Accord won for the value and what I'm hoping will be long term reliability. The interior is nice and spacious, though the front headrests are a little uncomfortable unless you position the seat appropriately. I haven't noticed wind noise with my vehicle as other reviews stated, so maybe it is not present on the Sport models. Take a hwy test drive if you can to test for the problem.

The car has pretty responsive handling, and it does run fairly quietly at all speeds for me. It accelerates fairly quick for a 4 cylinder and runs fairly smooth. The outward appearance of the sport model makes it look nice with out going over the top to try and make the accord look sportier than it really is. The standard dual zone AC is a nice touch on the interior, and it has a lot of interior space that can hold 4 adults easily and comfortably.

The headrest is actually the most bothersome part of the car. The inward tilt can be a little uncomfortable given the stiffness. It was sort of disappointing to see that an otherwise comfortable interior had this issue as head/neck comfort makes long drives easier. The brakes are a little too sensitive for me, which is more a driver preference thing than anything. Not a fan of the split driver side mirror. A mute button on the steering wheel audio controls would be a nice addition. Having only black cloth available on the sport model limited my options to a degree since I would have preferred tan just so it didn't get quite as hot in the summer.

Great Car! Review after 8 months ownership
By william621

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I'm extremely please with the car. I've got about 22,000 miles on it and it's nicely broken in. On a recent trip to the Outer Banks, NC, I got over 600 miles on a tank of gas, averaging 38.2 mpg! Driving on NC 12 up Hattaras Island at 55-60mph, I averaged 46.3 mpg for the hour drive north to get off the island. Amazing!! I agree that the CVT will not be for everyone, but I like the fact that I get awesome mileage in a very well built, good looking car. Speaker quality is excellent with a digital device, so dont judge sound system until you plug in your own device!

I love the back up camera and side view cameras! I also think the interior and exterior styling is very upscale and timeless. It's not one of those cars that will look out of style anytime soon. It's very roomy and comfortable, and the sound system is great with my MP3 payer. The fit and finish is great, as the car is very solid and it's as I would expect from Honda. This is my forth Accord since 1984, and every one of them has been awesome. I like the fact the the door lock "beep" is soft, as opposed to some obnoxious horn blowing, and I like the fact that the car will not let you lock the doors from the outside with the keys inside.

I could do without the divided driver side mirror, as I think it distracts more than helps. I wish there was some way to stop the "beeping noise" when you leave the car running but step out to get something and close the door. I understand its suppose to remind you that it's running, but I dont need the reminder. Honda should give the owner some way to diable that thing

2013 Accord is a Great Buy!
By sporttracz

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a 2013 Accord about a month ago. After 1600 miles I have found that the gas mileage is phenomenal. I have averaged a high of 41 on the highway. In mixed driving I average 33. The power is as good as you would want. Who needs a 6 cylinder. The car rides firm but is very comfortable. It handles right sporty. I have owned many Honda's and this one is a great car.

Rear view camera with Bluetooth is awesome. The car has plenty of power and the quietness of the motor under acceleration is nice. The wheels look much nicer than the hub caps of the past.

Good car--outstanding MPG
By modalton

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned an Accord from each of the last 3 generations, with some other makes mixed in. This car seems to address any of the "misses" from the previous generation. If you are a car person, the CVT takes some getting used to, but Honda has executed it well and it does its job. On my very first tank of gas, with mixed 2 lane and freeway driving, I got 37 mpg! Acceleration is very good, comparing with some 6 cylinders and surpassing most of the 4 cylinder turbos. Quality seems to be solid. Audio is nothing special, but is adequate. I am adding the wheels from the Sport model to my car for looks and handling, but most will be satisfied with the wheel/tire combo that Honda uses.

MPG, right-side camera, Lane Watch, acceleration