Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nice, but Horrible Stereo !
By pjd10

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I'm happy with this car. Looks nice, fun to drive, good gas mileage and comfortable. My only beef with this car is the poor quality stereo system. During the test drive my focus was on so many things that I that I really didn't check the sound system out like I should have. I took it for granted that Honda put in a good stereo like on my last Honda. They didn't! Honda, if you read these reviews, please come up with a fix for this.

Sharp looks and good gas mileage.

Please do something to improve THIS stereo. I paid good money to get the top of the line Accord with a supposed "Premium Sound System". You really need to address this.

EX-L 4cyl after 4 months 7500mi
By accordlady

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my '06Accord after 138K. Mostly this is a solid car with good acceleration and comfort, especially the leather seats. I read the CVT was jerky, but after the test drive, decided it was not enough to bother me. After 7K, the jerkiness was worse esp when it was cold. Dealer said this was normal. But if you must drive slowly at first thru a residential area, be prepared, it can get on your nerves after a while. But once on the road and able to accelerate, it is very smooth. The only other thing I am disappointed about is the stereo system. After paying almost $30K for a car, you would expect a decent system. This is not one.

Acceleration Comfortable Seats Driving - not quite as sporty as my '06 Accord, but good enough for us aging types; quieter, better riding. Standard backup camera on all models; love it. Also love the right change-lane camera.

Fix the jerky CVT, or loose it. Stereo system - Honda should be ashamed of it. If you are a casual listener, you may be OK, but if you like your music , go find another car. One where the subwoofer actually works and the back speakers actually have normal sound coming out of them. (Dealer says there is nothing wrong with it)

Love my Honda!
By seabeav

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Accord Coupe in May and took it in June on a 3000 mile road trip. I could not have been more pleased with the performance. The sound system does have a little quirkiness but definitely not a deal breaker. It has a comfortable ride but not luxurious. After a few hours on the road the seat seems hard, but my back was perfect. The styling is sporty and I believe the Honda reputation helped me choose this car over others I had considered. I have owned two other Hondas previously, a '92 Accord and an '01 CRV. Gas mileage is just as was presented on the sticker. With air conditioner running I get around 32-34 on the highway and 23-24 in town.

Interior styling, leather two tone seating, nice power, exterior style of the coupe. Really, everything except what is listed below.

The drivers side seat belt is terrible. The position when in use rubs against my neck and is completely annoying. This might have been a deal breaker because it takes the fun out of the ride! I got some shoulder pads for it and now, although a little annoying does not rub my neck. Also, the center console could extend a little more so it can actually be used as an arm rest. I had a repair patch for the sound system, when done it took away some design options for the clock...sad about that. Lastly, power passenger seat should have been standard on my model.

2013 Honda Accord - my 1st Honda
By 4cypress

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Yes, my 1st Honda so expectation was high. I have gotten a Nissan Frontier & Sentra before and had owned and driven countless other. Before getting this I was debating between Toyota Camry & Hyundai Sonata; didn't test drive and went straight to Honda instead. Good = Roomy & comfy w/ nice design. ect.. Bad = Wind noise! Cold reverse doesn't catch so fast. Black fabric is a lint magnet. Done.

Pretty good gas mileage, my v6 truck gotten 18 at best. This 4-c gets 27 city & 38 highway for me. The gas trainer bar was distracting at 1st b/c I would check to see how I'm doing constantly for better mileage. I use the Bluetooth. Rear camera is nice but I still turn my head to look back when reversing; camera is to make sure no kids bike or toys is behind me. Control panels are easy. Wheels are nice and roomy trunk & cabin space vs my subcompact Sentra.

Improve sound insulation and Wind Noise! I must have gotten a lemon. Cross wind noise at 40 mph, highway wind noise at 60 mph. Its right up there at your ear and its annoying, especially you bought a new car and sounds like its from Walmart. The dealer did replace it but this review is after its been replace, wind noise is still bad at 40/60 as stated. I was recently is a 4Runner and sound much better then my Accord - Honda needs to get this right!

Best damn car EVER!!!
By adarchon

2013 Honda Accord Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new, and love every second of it. I have topped out @ 42MPG's on the hwy. and for a 6-cyl that is not hybrid. It took some getting used to since it is a new car. There have been a great many biased reviewers that have never even bought the car. I feel that it is better that someone who owns the car should say what issues I am having. I have no idea what these people are talking about! I have had the car for 3 months and have had none of the issues people are claiming, it has been perfect! Beautiful car, and get lots of compliments. Don't believe what others are saying, go test it out yourself, I warn you, you may end up driving it home!

LED Headlights and LED DRL's ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) smooth comfortable ride super quiet interior quality and fit and finish fuel economy smart access roominess stereo and layout Power and handling everything!!

Wheels, Why does Canada get the 18" wheels that the Sport and V6 coupe does but not the US Touring?!?? More power to the amplifier controlling the subwoofer, it is too under-powered!