2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
4-Door Accord EX 6speed manual -Part II
By beanctr on 05/12/13 16:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

With 4,000 miles on my Accord, here's an update to my original post. Continue to be impressed with the power and fuel economy this 4 cylinder puts out; although, at times I do miss my prior 6 cyclinder car that had an additional 75 hp. The manual transmission is a joy to operate with short throws and well defined gates. Noticed a few quality issues such as the front defroster vent at the base of the windshield pulling up. Cost cutting is evident on the OE carpeted floor mats. They have a REALLY cheap feel to them.

Do NOT buy the Navi option
By raymond2013 on 05/10/13 10:01 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Overall this car provides what you might expect. It's a little higher priced for what you get when compared to competitor offerings, but I wanted the reliability of a Honda. What I did not expect was the horribly designed user interface of the navigation system. Test drives and showroom floor interactions do not allow enough usage to fully grasp the awkward layout and slowness of the system. Not only that, Honda confirmed today that is not and will not be possible to turn off the 'beep' that occurs every time you click. Huh? This is a software change (deficiency). You've got to be kidding me. Using the system is akin to conditioned response from electric shock. You learn to avoid it.

Worst car I ever bought!
By dillon67 on 05/09/13 17:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my great 2003 Camry for this lousy brand new Accord. Why lousy you ask? Let me count the ways: 1. Big problem with electrical system. In 6 months that I've had it, it stalled & all indicator lights came on twice. Dealer has no clue what issue is. Tire pressure light comes on nearly all the time even when tires are properly inflated. 2. Very noisy on the highway. 3. Uncomfortable, hard ride especially noticeable on long drives. Coupled with the highway noise, it makes for very unpleasant long trips. I'm planning on selling it and buying a new Camry.

Excessive wind noise at drivers window
By 1of9 on 05/09/13 08:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

New 2013 Accord seems well built. Had two issues from day one. Cloth on seats are not pulled tight. The big issue is the wind noise coming from the drivers side window at high speeds. The dealer has tried to fix twice with no success. The Honda America rep (who was the rudest, most condescending person I have ever met) said he did not hear the noise. I read tons of other people on Accord web-site with same issue. Honda has yet to rectify problem. Dealer drove another Accord off the lot to see if that car had the same problem and sure enough it did. I would not but this car unless you can test drive on a highway to check the wind noise.

Careful: These annoyances add up!
By imrickjamesbch on 05/06/13 15:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/navigation 2/13 purchase started off going the wrong way leaving my dealer's lot: 1. the car simply pulls to the left only at highway speeds. Two dealer visits within that week were a waste of time. They won't/can't figure out why this is so (any I'm not only driving on crowned roads). Had I noted this during my two test drives prior to purchase, I would have passed on this car. Annoying! You've been warned. 2. The audio system certainly is sexy and inviting, but when little things don't work like the subwoofer to the email/text message reading feature (using an iPhone 5)...or the lack of any Gracenote update installed in the car (until July 2013): grrrrrr

Are you Unsure between the 4 or 6 Cylinder? Read on for why the 4 is Awesome
By baltimorebill on 05/03/13 06:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I seldom write reviews but given how much I was unsure about whether to lease the 4 or 6, and how much I LOVE the 4, I thought a review might be helpful to those in the same boat. I drove both the 4 and the 6 and am coming from a 1999 Accord with 178,000 miles that had a powerful V-6. I drove both the 2013 EX-L with Navi 6 and 4 Cylinder. The 6 Cylinder just seemed kind of heavy and I felt as if I had to keep my foot on the pedal all the time. On the other hand, the 4 is very smooth and has plenty of power when needed. And the gas mileage so far that I am getting on the highway (in eco mode) is slightly over 36 on the highway and around 25 in the city. It's an awesome car.

VERY SATISFIED
By jagger2 on 04/26/13 16:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Had a Nissan Altima 2013 S which was problematic from the start. Everything about that vehicle was a big disappointment. Saw the newly redesigned Honda and fell in love with it. Went to the dealeship and test drove a sport and that was it. Although, I was a bit hesitant from losing money from trading in my new Altima, I couldn't have been happier to do so. The Honda is just a terrific car all around. No complaints whatsoever.

White Honda accord sport
By mlawruk on 04/25/13 18:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just got my first brand new Honda and had a great salesman (M.R.) who worked with me to get a good deal. Very friendly staff!!!! Will definitely recommend getting a Honda at commonwealth

Honda knows what it is doing
By kalmanzar on 04/22/13 20:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

overall i like the car, very roomy, smooth, alot of features, decent power, good build quality and material inside. the cvt does getting use to, at first i did not like, but after 3k mi there are some situtaions that i think it is better than a traditional tranny. still prefer a traditional tranny but not by that much. And actually like the cvt much more than i thought i would. the other two faults are the sound system sub par, and the ride a liittle firm, not bad but just would like a touch softer over some bumps, but live in nyc and roads terrible here. overall i give it a 8/10. fyi drove the sport back to back 3 differnces are steering heavier, ride little bussier, and stereo even worse

Vibrations
By samson70 on 04/21/13 12:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I hit the 1800 to 2000 RPM's there is a vibration I feel in the steering wheel. I also may feel it in the gas pedal. I brought the car back for it first oil change and told them at the dealership. I was told it maybe the wheel alignment, which they did. The problem was still there. I brought the car back again and this time the mechanic drove the car. He told me that it is a six cylinder car that changes to a lower cylinder number that's what causes the vibration. I think they are lying and don't know what the problem is. I will ask to talk with the factory representative. The car is a leased vehicle with approx. 8200 miles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Accord in NJ is:

$236 per month*