2002 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Good Honda!
By dowpwr on 04/18/14 18:25 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

2002 EX V6. Put 230,000 miles on it. I bought it new. This has been a good car overall. Yes, it did have some transmission issues, but over 230k, it never let me down. The issue was between 1st and 2nd gear, but if you don't beat on it, it will last. Still original Tranny! It is noisy on the highway as well. Never had an electrical problem with the car, and it has never left me stranded. I took great care of the car, waxing it twice a year, changing fluids, etc. The paint started to fade out a bit after 10 years. Car was garage kept most of it's life. I'd buy another honda accord.

Wish it was better
By davis262 on 08/16/11 15:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car starting at 40k miles. Seemed to be like other Honda Accords I have owned in the past (89, 98). I didn't realize at first how bad the transmission was because I was excited to have the power from the v6. Transmission was jerky from the beginning. I hated it. Worst driving experience I've ever had. Never knew when it would accelerate. I love Honda but they lost me as a customer with this transmission. I was lucky and the car was totalled at 118k from hail damage. I know the transmission was going out soon. Also, the dash was squeaky. The 6 CD changer broke at around 80k. The dashboard clock was replaced. Not the quality I had grown to expect from Honda.

Transmission problems
By Ed on 07/08/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new. Loved it until around 65k when the transmission gave out. $3000 to replace and no problems since. Honda really needs to pony up for the faulty transmissions on this year similarly to the recall on 2001 models

2002 Honda Accord EX V6 sedan.. A++
By david on 04/01/10 08:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 5 years ago with 48,000 miles on it from a friend who buys cars from the dealer only auctions.I did my research and saw the 02 EX V6 came with a lot of standard items that were options on the earlier years. I also saw that the earlier years had transmission problems. The V6 has plenty of power for this car.I have had no problems with this car. This is a GREAT CAR! I change the oil every 3,000 miles, the car just turned to 92,000 miles so I found a great deal on ebay for a COMPLETE timing belt kit. Local dealer cost 450.00 eBay 325.00 including shipping from a Honda dealership. That's the biggest expense I've had to put into the car.I Would definitely buy this car again. A+

My first & last Honda
By davria on 03/29/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car when gas prices went sky high & needed to get out from under my SUV. Seemed like a solid investment, clean carfax, only 55k miles. Only had to do minor stuff to it for the first 20k (brakes, tires, etc). Then the CEL came on and I started to smell gas around 79k miles, took it to a mechanic & car leaking gas, quoted $900 on the low end/$1500 high to fix. No dealership would take it as a trade because they couldn't transport it. Paid to fix it & replaced both wheel bearings, drove it another 2k and the transmission failed. Quoted $2k on the low end/$3500 high, paid to fix it and the CEL came back on, needs new evap canister & TCS keeps kicking on. I'd never buy another Honda.

BUY ONE
By love-it1191 on 01/27/10 17:27 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this ex v6 from a local dealer about a year ago with 54k on the odometer. Today there is just over 90k. Ive gone on several trips to the mountains and MI over the year. The v-6 has great acceleration, the traction control comes in handy with this powerhouse. The tranny at times hesitates and has issues finding the gear it wants but thats only when its cold. The ride is great, in the twisty roads of the mountains it handles like a sports car but smooth like glass on the highway. I would suggest this car to anyone, in the past year and 36k later no issues what so ever, plan on running this one into the ground.

very impressed
By da bomb on 08/11/08 09:44 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 29,000 miles on it and have averaged 25,000 a year on it and have not had a single solitary problem, not one. Plenty of power for the size vehicle, gets good highway mileage. around town i get around 18 mpg, but i drive like an idiot. I also found the fold down rear seats to be useful on more than one occasion. Good stereo system.

Great Worker-Bee car
By Neal on 03/24/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this brand new, now has 170,000 miles. Never did anything to it until I had 150,000. Still as tight and solid as the day I purchased it. Bulletproof reliability, and holding up very well. For the person who spends countless hours in their vehicle, the Honda Accord is it. Nothing too fancy, but just everything right. I want to get the 2008, but one problem. My 2002 still running like a new car.

Fun Value
By Randy T on 06/28/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first non US big 3 car and I love it. Fun to drive, very reliable. I have over 100,000 miles and I'm still on my 1st set of brakes!

Unbeatable deal
By kelly on 05/31/07 22:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought the 2002 EX used. It is exactly like my 2001 I bought new in late 2000. It is my sixth Honda and will not be my last. As before, I am still amazed at the build quality, power, economy, layout, design and dependability of these cars. The 2002 looks almost brand new inside and out. The seats are still in excellent shape as well all other trim parts. I traded the 2001 in on an SUV because we needed a larger vehicle, but I am so glad to get back into an Accord. Compared to anything it's still the best around. I love the way the fuel gauge doesn't move very much. We're planning on trading the SUV next year on a 2008 Accord.