Used 2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Thanks for saving my life :).
By Heidi Wilder

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm greatful for the desig of this car. I got in a very serious accident and was lucky to survive. I'm glad my car was built the way it was! I've had this car for three years till this accident and no major issues! I did have to do one repair from the get-go, but that's because I got it as a remade car. Have loved my car!

Great car
By bsedgal

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car from '05 (55k miles) to 2011 (140k miles). No issues whatsoever. That is, outside of ordinary maintenance. the only thing I remember is that the hood latch wouldn't close without pressing down on the cable with a screw driver. I kept good on sticking to the maintenance schedule with all the suggested items. Yes I replaced the tranny fluid so NO I did not have tranny problems. Seems most people don't take care of their trannys then blame the Honda for tranny failures. Great car, wish I didn't have to sell it but after 3 kids, had to get a minivan.

Good Honda!
By dowpwr

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

2002 EX V6. Put 230,000 miles on it. I bought it new. This has been a good car overall. Yes, it did have some transmission issues, but over 230k, it never let me down. The issue was between 1st and 2nd gear, but if you don't beat on it, it will last. Still original Tranny! It is noisy on the highway as well. Never had an electrical problem with the car, and it has never left me stranded. I took great care of the car, waxing it twice a year, changing fluids, etc. The paint started to fade out a bit after 10 years. Car was garage kept most of it's life. I'd buy another honda accord.

Value, reliability.

Transmission could use an overhaul, loud on highway.

Wish it was better
By davis262

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car starting at 40k miles. Seemed to be like other Honda Accords I have owned in the past (89, 98). I didn't realize at first how bad the transmission was because I was excited to have the power from the v6. Transmission was jerky from the beginning. I hated it. Worst driving experience I've ever had. Never knew when it would accelerate. I love Honda but they lost me as a customer with this transmission. I was lucky and the car was totalled at 118k from hail damage. I know the transmission was going out soon. Also, the dash was squeaky. The 6 CD changer broke at around 80k. The dashboard clock was replaced. Not the quality I had grown to expect from Honda.

Lots of cubby space for things. Sunroof is very nice. Feels solid while on the freeway. I like the outside design of this generation but the inside is boring to me.

Too late now.

Transmission problems
By Ed

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new. Loved it until around 65k when the transmission gave out. $3000 to replace and no problems since. Honda really needs to pony up for the faulty transmissions on this year similarly to the recall on 2001 models

Ride, handling