2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

California Special Package
By Kimba

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I own 2009 GT Premium 5 speed manual with the California Special package (it gives it the 1969/70 look) I couldn't believe the handling and stability of the drive! With the split axle option there is allot of get up and go!!! We have been able to maintain 25.8 mpg average. I am still re-learning the stick!

Favorite Features

The Side scoops, hood scoop, low rear spoiler and the classic modest stripe down the side! Just like the Good Old Days! Go Grandma Go!

Suggested Improvements

So far it has been and is Perfect for this middle aged woman!

Two thumbs up.
By gtman

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first brand new mustang since my 1967 fastback. This GT is great. Diffinetly the most bang for your buck.

Favorite Features

Style, perfomance, comfort and drivablity. Especially with the 5 speed manual trans.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any at this time.

Its worth every penny
By CVale

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had been considering the Mustang, Challenger, or Camaro for a new sports car. I needed a rear seat for my child (unless I could leave the wife home more often). After doing much research on all the vehicles and test-driving the challenger and Mustang. I decided on the Mustang. Tried the Challenger RT and it was ok but just didnít do it for me. I liked the outside of the new Camaro but didnít like the inside so much. Everything I researched also swayed me away from a first year production model on any vehicle as well. Granted the ďtestedĒ numbers show the Camaro going slightly faster than the Mustang I;m not concerned. The mustang is just great all around. No regrets at all!

Favorite Features

all glass roof. the sound of the stock engine. The ride.

Suggested Improvements

Sure I could spend 40k more on other sports cars (although no rear seat either) and get some more frills but its just not necessary especially in todayís economy. I canít see enough how please I am with this car.

A Chevy person bought a Ford!
By ChevyHuny

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

When I was up for a new car I tested every vehicle on the market. Absolutely nothing compared to the car I ended up buying. The price, all the options you get with it and the color options. I got the Brilliant Silver Metallic and it just shines. I highly recommend the OEM HID headlights equipped from factory. Putting on a after market kit will not compare in the least.

Favorite Features

The power, wow. Every time I turn the key I smile, that sound is beautiful. Its a sharp looking car too I'm always getting looks. The heated power seats are super comfy, the stereo system will rattle your head and the ambient lighting color options are fun. I'm sad when I reach my destination.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing would be the spare tire cover. It will rub against the interior of the trunk when you open and close it so you must be careful. Also a outside temp gauge would be nice to have. It helps you judge condition of the roads in winter. And the automatic shifter is a little ugly.

Camaro Eat Your Heart Out
By GoNavy

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was going to get a new 2010 Camaro, but the dealers were charging 6-10k dealer markup, pushing the V8 version of the car out of my price range. So, I wanted an American made V8 car, with horsepower and was fun to drive. Not many of those still being made by U.S.auto manufacturers. I decided on the Mustang for its looks, excellent ride quality, horsepower, blazingly fast acceleration in the 5-speed GT version I bought, and Ford had employee pricing on the car. Only thing is the interior, my right knee hits the edge of the dash so in long drives it's a little discomforting. Other than that, the car delivers more bang for your buck than the Camaro could ever hope to accomplish.

Favorite Features

The acceleration, need I say more! The Shaker 500 sound system, and 18 inch wheels. Fuel economy is good for a V8, highway I am getting 25/mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Interior. Dashboard, needs to be redesigned so as not to be giving drivers a raspberry on their right knee.

Nice
By scook5

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wasn't looking for this car because of practically reasons of having a small child and winter driving but decided to take a chance and leased one. My 4-year old likes the car and there are no issues with him and using the back seat. The ride on extremely bumpy roads may be of concern for some because of the solid rear axel but even in Michigan. Classic vehicle design stands out and the interior upgrades have improved on the prior poor looking base interior. So far the experience has been real good. I'll just have to see how the vehicle performs in the winter!

Favorite Features

One-touch up/down window, Shaker 500 Stereo w/ MP3 audio outlet, fun to drive V8 and MT that gets 23 mph (mostly hwy driving & I don't drive the car hard). Also, I'd say the look factor as my wife drove it to her work one day and received lots of interest, not so much for her new Fusion.

Suggested Improvements

Move cup holders that are in the way of MT users. Capless refueling, glove box fit & finish, holder for sun glasses. Also, consider an I4 turbo that gets 30+MPG HWY, Advance Trac and Sync.