Used 2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Japan Car Fan Buys Ford-Friends in Shock
By Car Nuntz

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Our criteria for a car, performance, braking, handling, and comfort without breaking the bank. Plus we need to both fit (she is short and I am tall)The melted down soap designs are boring along with the performance. But our surprise and complete shock was the Mustang in California Special trim. Absolutely beautiful to look out and the build quality was equal to anything we investigated.But to our shock and surprise, the car was comfortable quiet, and performed beyond expectations. Not a sports car (watch that live rear axle) but for an everyday driver, we now race for the keys in the morning. Gas mileage hurts a little, but its hard not to step on the gas for an ear to ear grin

Shaker 1000 -They are not kidding Manual transmission-Baby smooth shifts. Brakes-Stop on a dime and give you change.

Raise the passenger seat up. Any other improvement would bring up the price of this bargain.

American Car
By Vance

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a very well built car indeed and gets looks everywhere I go, Its sporty , fast and who could ask for naything more for your money

short throw Manual trans and all that v8 power

Larger hood scoop and user friendly console

2008 Bullitt
By Jeff

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I can't believe a car that is this much fun to drive can be bought for this price. Plenty of power, great exhaust note (compare it to the weak sound of a 380Z), comfortable GT500 seats, aggressive exterior styling, and with amenities like the super smooth Tremec 5 speed, the light touch hydraulic clutch, and the 500 watt Shaker stereo this car is a dream. No wonder Ford is not looking for Govt. bailout money like GM and Chrysler.

Gobs of HP and Torque. Exhaust sound blows away other cars. Handling is nimble and tight. The brakes are out of this world. Multi-colored dash gauges are a nice touch. GT500 seats are great. Imagine being able to use 87 or 91 Octane and still be able to draw 315 HP/330 ft-lbs. of torque.

The center console could be more usable for small items. Better inside lighting at night. The long doors are hard to get used to in parking spots and tight garages.

Mustang GT Bullit edition
By Uwe

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a sporty car, not a sports-car, meaning it is fast but not Porsche, Corvette, or Viper fast. I like the price, the look, the engine & exhaust sound, 6xMP3 player w/ 500 watts stereo, navi, comfy seats. Interior looks and feels cheap except for the leather seats. Seat belt is strangling me. Can't say anything about reliability yet.

V8, price, look, stereo, sound, short- throw shifter, "sleeper"

Interior needs improvement visually and material-wise (I belief Ford addressed that in the 2010 edition). Gas milage (16 MPG) is too high for a 315 HP 2+2 seater.

Daily Driver
By Uwe

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I picked up my brandnew 2009 GT with Bullit & Nav option last week. Still breaking it in. It's a fun car that I use as my daily drive. It's quick, but that is relative of course (my weekend car is a 2005 Porsche Turbo S). Still, it is capable to pass the majority of cars on the road, and that's what was important to me. The interior looks and feels cheap (lots of plastic) except for the leather seats. Good sized trunk. Nice exhaust sound. The car "feels" a bit big for a 2+2 seater. Appealing price ("Internet" price $3k down MSPR + $3.5k Ford incentive). Good stereo (Shaker 500) with enough bass power to make the windows rattle. Pleasant overall experience at the dealership.

Stereo, V8, exhaust/engine sound, price, exterior looks

Improve interior material quality. Can't get cruise control to activate under 30 miles