Used 2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Turned a lifetime GM guy into a Ford guy
By Mike S.

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned nothing but GM vehicles all my life. I don't know what GM was thinking with the new Camaro (yuk!) When Ford redesigned the Mustang in 2005, they had my attention. I finally "flipped" to Ford after comparing GM and Mopar offerings (I only purchase domestic vehicles - no imports for this guy!)and I could not be more pleased with my decision. I have the best of both worlds. The retro stlying of the sixties classics, but also the outstanding performance, handling, comfort, and reliability of a modern day vehicle. Not to mention, where else can you get this kind of car, brand new, with a V8, for 25K? Yes, the interior has a lot of plastic, but what car does not nowadays?

Power. Manual trans. Surprisingly smooth and quiet ride, at least for this type of vehicle. Styling. I Have seen the 2010 offering. Although Ford has addressed the shortcomings noted in other reviews on the new model, I personally like the 2005-2009 model better. Shaker 500 audio system ROCKS!

Moot point. All addressed, or, in my opinion, over-addressed in the 2010 model. The Mustang was never intended to be a luxury car. It is a very well executed, affordable muscle car.

Japan Car Fan Buys Ford-Friends in Shock
By Car Nuntz

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Our criteria for a car, performance, braking, handling, and comfort without breaking the bank. Plus we need to both fit (she is short and I am tall)The melted down soap designs are boring along with the performance. But our surprise and complete shock was the Mustang in California Special trim. Absolutely beautiful to look out and the build quality was equal to anything we investigated.But to our shock and surprise, the car was comfortable quiet, and performed beyond expectations. Not a sports car (watch that live rear axle) but for an everyday driver, we now race for the keys in the morning. Gas mileage hurts a little, but its hard not to step on the gas for an ear to ear grin

Shaker 1000 -They are not kidding Manual transmission-Baby smooth shifts. Brakes-Stop on a dime and give you change.

Raise the passenger seat up. Any other improvement would bring up the price of this bargain.

American Car
By Vance

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a very well built car indeed and gets looks everywhere I go, Its sporty , fast and who could ask for naything more for your money

short throw Manual trans and all that v8 power

Larger hood scoop and user friendly console

2008 Bullitt
By Jeff

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I can't believe a car that is this much fun to drive can be bought for this price. Plenty of power, great exhaust note (compare it to the weak sound of a 380Z), comfortable GT500 seats, aggressive exterior styling, and with amenities like the super smooth Tremec 5 speed, the light touch hydraulic clutch, and the 500 watt Shaker stereo this car is a dream. No wonder Ford is not looking for Govt. bailout money like GM and Chrysler.

Gobs of HP and Torque. Exhaust sound blows away other cars. Handling is nimble and tight. The brakes are out of this world. Multi-colored dash gauges are a nice touch. GT500 seats are great. Imagine being able to use 87 or 91 Octane and still be able to draw 315 HP/330 ft-lbs. of torque.

The center console could be more usable for small items. Better inside lighting at night. The long doors are hard to get used to in parking spots and tight garages.

Mustang GT Bullit edition
By Uwe

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a sporty car, not a sports-car, meaning it is fast but not Porsche, Corvette, or Viper fast. I like the price, the look, the engine & exhaust sound, 6xMP3 player w/ 500 watts stereo, navi, comfy seats. Interior looks and feels cheap except for the leather seats. Seat belt is strangling me. Can't say anything about reliability yet.

V8, price, look, stereo, sound, short- throw shifter, "sleeper"

Interior needs improvement visually and material-wise (I belief Ford addressed that in the 2010 edition). Gas milage (16 MPG) is too high for a 315 HP 2+2 seater.