2009 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
California Special Package
By Kimba on 04/22/09 14:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I own 2009 GT Premium 5 speed manual with the California Special package (it gives it the 1969/70 look) I couldn't believe the handling and stability of the drive! With the split axle option there is allot of get up and go!!! We have been able to maintain 25.8 mpg average. I am still re-learning the stick!

Two thumbs up.
By gtman on 03/18/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first brand new mustang since my 1967 fastback. This GT is great. Diffinetly the most bang for your buck.

Its worth every penny
By CVale on 03/04/09 15:53 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had been considering the Mustang, Challenger, or Camaro for a new sports car. I needed a rear seat for my child (unless I could leave the wife home more often). After doing much research on all the vehicles and test-driving the challenger and Mustang. I decided on the Mustang. Tried the Challenger RT and it was ok but just didn’t do it for me. I liked the outside of the new Camaro but didn’t like the inside so much. Everything I researched also swayed me away from a first year production model on any vehicle as well. Granted the “tested” numbers show the Camaro going slightly faster than the Mustang I;m not concerned. The mustang is just great all around. No regrets at all!

A Chevy person bought a Ford!
By ChevyHuny on 02/19/09 13:14 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

When I was up for a new car I tested every vehicle on the market. Absolutely nothing compared to the car I ended up buying. The price, all the options you get with it and the color options. I got the Brilliant Silver Metallic and it just shines. I highly recommend the OEM HID headlights equipped from factory. Putting on a after market kit will not compare in the least.

Camaro Eat Your Heart Out
By GoNavy on 01/29/09 20:57 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was going to get a new 2010 Camaro, but the dealers were charging 6-10k dealer markup, pushing the V8 version of the car out of my price range. So, I wanted an American made V8 car, with horsepower and was fun to drive. Not many of those still being made by U.S.auto manufacturers. I decided on the Mustang for its looks, excellent ride quality, horsepower, blazingly fast acceleration in the 5-speed GT version I bought, and Ford had employee pricing on the car. Only thing is the interior, my right knee hits the edge of the dash so in long drives it's a little discomforting. Other than that, the car delivers more bang for your buck than the Camaro could ever hope to accomplish.

Nice
By scook5 on 10/16/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wasn't looking for this car because of practically reasons of having a small child and winter driving but decided to take a chance and leased one. My 4-year old likes the car and there are no issues with him and using the back seat. The ride on extremely bumpy roads may be of concern for some because of the solid rear axel but even in Michigan. Classic vehicle design stands out and the interior upgrades have improved on the prior poor looking base interior. So far the experience has been real good. I'll just have to see how the vehicle performs in the winter!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$152 per month*