2005 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Ultimate Driving SUV

2005 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

Ultimate Driving SUV
By birdman on

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned 4 Jeep Cherokees in my life and have really enjoyed the layout and size. But Jeep service dept. and reliability is very bad. The X5 is the next step up. Very similar size, and layout inside, so I felt comfortable right away in the new BMW. The jump from a Cherokee to an X5 is like going from Coach to first class. It's not just a little nicer, it's a whole different world. The car feels like luxury, and drives like a sports car. I'm looking forward to puting it to work in the snow this season. The weight and stability of this SUV is impressive, unlike any other I've tried. The only downside so far is the towing cabability is weak.

Styling is unbeatable in a mid-size SUV. I have the sport package, which is really nice. The handling is incredible. Like a sports car.

Wish the back seats folded flat. They have about a 10 degree incline when laid down. A standar RCA auxilery input for MP3 players would be nice in the future.