Used 2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Luv It
By Pam White

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second BMW I have owned. The first was a 1999 323i and it was my most favorite car - but I totaled it on the ice. It saved my life, as I slid into ongoing traffic and was hit in the driver door with a van on the interstate. I walked away without a scratch. I finally found the 2004 325i that I have now. It is now my most favorite car. More power, came with arm rest and doesn't hesitate at starts into traffic

Favorite Features

Love the feel and handle on the road. I get much better gas mileage than advertised. (25 in town and 32 on hwy)

Suggested Improvements

Regular Gas please

Information
By Bob

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I moved from a 1986 Acura Legend (first US model) to the 325i Bimmer due to a favorable military overseas purchase price. The BMW is what they say it is but it is not perfect. I find the layout of buttons regulating windows (in the center console) to be awkward compared to almost all other cars with controls mounted on the door armrest area; if you live in a gated community, the frequent use of this item can be a nuisance. The trunk is too small for more than one set of golf clubs! Otherwise, this machine is impeccable in construction and the performance is outstanding, especially at high speeds!

Favorite Features

Classic styling; quality throughout; performance with economy.

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk; simplify interior controls -- they are too complicated (too many options) for the average non- pilot type.

Almost perfect
By Sean Craft

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am a huge BMW fan. Once you get them into your blood, they are impossible to get out of your system. This model is small with very limited rear seat room and a tiny, shallow trunk, so try it on for size. While very sophisticated technically and engineered to perfection the interior is looking dated. The 325's smaller inline 6 is a little weak down low, but is fine for passing and highway work. Very smooth powertrain, great ride, smooth in every way. The last two year's models have much more standard equipment then older models. They had standard sunroof and rain sensing wipers, CD and full power. They could use standard driver's power seat at least for this pr

Favorite Features

Engine smoothness, auto transmission's responsiveness and smoothness, great looks, ride, handling, quietness, standard features in later models, one touch sunroof and windows, keyless window and sunroof openening feature, warranty, first three years of service paid by BMW!

Suggested Improvements

Standard power driver's seat, bigger trunk, bigger rear seat, More sophisticated interior design, better storage, more power from base engine. Most issues seem to be solved with the new model...sooooo......

What 3 series is all about
By pazman

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned 2 E30 body style 3 series (early 90's), as well as a Z3. This 2004 325i gets me back to my roots and back to what i expect from a BMW - riding on rails, good acceleration, and feeling like I am in a solid car. Unfortunately, the car has become the symbol of the yuppie. If you are a true car afficionado - a true lover of what BMWs mean (and call them properly a bimmer and not a beemer - which is reserved for their bikes), than you won't be disappointed. I looked at Mercedes, and they are great cars, but if you are focused on performance, take a ride in this one and see how well it picks-up and goes and corners.

Favorite Features

The ride. Remote opening windows outside of the car. Large glove compartment. Trip computer.

Suggested Improvements

Better radio. More storage room. Improve city gas mileage.

the new 325i rocks
By InHoff

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I'picked up my European deliver BMW 325i 2006 in Munich in June and drove about 2.5K miles through Southern Germany and the mountains of Italy. This is the best car I ever drove. It offers a seductive mix of sportiness and elegance. The handling on narrow mountain roads was superb and the car was incredibly stable and at peace irrespective of speed (the top was an effortless 135 mph) and weather. This car rocks - it makes driving a spiritual experience.

Favorite Features

steady in curves, good feel for the road, sporty feel, good visibility a superb rain sensor distinct trunk and door opening responses