2009 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
2009 RDX
By EH on 04/15/09 20:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

RDX is my first SUV. It has roomy interior and handles quite nice for its size. The ride quality is not for everyone since it is stiff sport suspension. It's supposed to be an entry level luxury SUV, but I don't really see that. Hope Acura pays little more attention to finish quality since interior rattle is really annoying.

Sea to ski
By Grant on 03/10/09 17:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My lease had come up on my 05 Infiniti FX35...a beautifully designed and performing vehicle. I looked at the BMW X3, the Infiniti FX35 and the Acura RDX. The obvious question was, what was I going to have to give up to move to a less expensive vehicle. Surprisingly... not much. Negatives on the RDX no automatic headlights strange... almost awkward styling, poor mileage, no compass, very basic rims, rough ride for some, strange cargo cover. Big Positves! Sports car handling and acceleration awesome, AWD system, look at it this way... if money wasn't an object, I'd be deciding between the BMW X6 or the FX50. Saving some money and not giving up the farm feels pretty good.

Great SUV
By Rich on 01/31/09 21:03 PM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just purchased this vehicle yesterday and just wanted to say that my family and I enjoy every feature. Very quick in response off the line. Can barely feel the gears shift. Interior very well designed. Many fun options even with a base model. Why spend 4,000 more for a nav and a couple extra speakers? Handling is great. Gas mileage is to be expected from having a turbo installed. To anyone else complaining about this you should do your homework first. Besides wouldn't want to give your car the best of the best servicing? That's what makes cars last longer. Take this for what it's worth yet this car is a great small family vehicle.

2009 Acura
By Dave on 01/28/09 10:42 AM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had my Acura for 2 months now and have close to 1,800 miles. I have had a rattle on the left hand side of the car since 65 miles. I am bringing it back to the dealer again next week. The cars mpg has never gotten over 16. It is the winter in WI. It handles well in the snow but not any better than my BMW 525XI was. The interior parts are very cheap. It is very bumpy in the city and drives like a jeep wrangler. I had better expectations from this car. It is not of a near luxury type of car. I lease it and have to drive it for another 34 months. I was recently in a Ford Escape that did not rattle like mine and had a quieter ride. Dealer apologizes but tells me I shouldn't expect much.

Nimble Family-first car
By Disloquitor on 01/26/09 12:23 PM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Came off of an A6 4.2 lease, wanted to downsize and have more fun, while allowing my middle-aged body to lift the children into the rear car seats without back break. High center of gravity concerns moot at anything up to 7/10ths driving (i.e. public roads) because of flat cornering and absorbing suspension. (Absorbing as in GTI, not Buick.) Also useful in deeper snow. It's not a sports car or sedan, but it's a a brilliant urban/suburban commuter, actually fun on a twisty parkway. Seats are surprisingly good. Tighter body structure on rough roads than an X3, no Audi suspension crash. No Audi interior, leather or BMW brakes or steering either, but not enough difference to justify $15K

2009 Acura
By Mrgoody on 01/09/09 07:52 AM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just got my Acura RDX, overall I like the truck. 0-60 is great and mileage is decent. Build quality is excellent and the cabin is very quiet. However I am disappointed in the way it handles in snow - the car tends to lose rear end during turns in snow, especially if you take the turn fast. I was expecting esp would help but it does not. However in a straight line the truck is solid.

Best Bang for the Buck
By Triple on 01/05/09 13:40 PM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Originally we were set on a wagon to replace both a Pathfinder and a Saab sedan. However, when you look at what's out there in similar trim levels (new - Saab, Audi, BMW, Volvo) they get comparable gas mileage, with just a bit more room, but for 10K+ more. That made the RDX a no-brainer. Yes, it has a firm ride - it's on the sport side of SUV. It's much better than a truck-based SUV (such as my PF), and by giving up a Caddy-like ride, you're rewarded with actual road feedback and sharp handling. Yes, gas mpg isn't the best - but it also has a turbo that has zero lag with effortless acceleration, and is no worse than other crossovers. This car's not for someone wanting a boring town runabout.

Some Remorse
By RZeman on 01/04/09 19:25 PM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my fourth Acura. The last being an MDX. While I realize this is an "entry level" SUV the quality and luxury of Acura has been scaled down on this vehicle. When my Lexus RX350 lease ended I didn't want to get the same car twice and the MDX has gotten to big with no more kids or large dog to haul around. There some features left off of this Acura which should be standard issue i.e. automatic headlights and power rear door, rain sensing wipers. The gas mileage is ridiculous. We celebrate when I can hold the average at 19 mpg for more than 10 minutes and that is with freeway driving. I will not purchase another RDX.

Good Performer
By hsm on 01/02/09 13:39 PM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had this vehicle for a litle over 2 months now. Just got back from a ski trip with the family. First, let me say the SHAWD is the best AWD system I have ever had. The vehicle handles snow like you are on asphalt! Mileage is all in how you drive - I am getting between 21 to 24 mpg combined with conservative driving. Beware that the suspension is stiff - trade-off the vehicles handles very nicely.

Fun and sporty
By Amyjo on 12/21/08 07:29 AM (PST)

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have only had this car for a few days, but I LOVE it! I have always loved Hondas and I have wanted AWD drive for years, so this is the perfect mix of fun and safety. The turbo and handling are impressive. It's like a sport sedan with higher clearance, AWD, and more trunk space.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura RDX Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*