2007 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great SUV !!
By Bob on 11/23/06 00:58 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Finally a luxury SUV from Acura with good performance. I now have 1000 miles on my 07 and am very pleased with it. It has very comfortable front seats, handles very well for an SUV with good power and acceleration. I use the manual shifting capability a lot and find it very convenient to use. The sound system is excellent. When I first got the car I found myself accelerating to 70 mph to merge with 55mph highway traffic. Then I realized I wasn't hearing any noise associated with the speed and that's why I didn't realize how fast I was going. The Nav and Entertainment systems are excellent and easy to operate. The kids love the larger DVD screen. Thanks Acura for a great SUV!

Just picked it up - wow!
By krafty81 on 11/22/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up the car 11/21. Drove it about 300 miles on a trip right off the lot. Very comfortable car. Great side view mirrors, driving position. Custom features impressive - you can design this car however you want. Sound system very nice, navi is the easist I've seen, although the voice commands are a little rough so far for me. Bluetooth is awesome, linked up my phone in minutes. Acceleration is solid, especially in the 60+ range. Averaged 20 MPG in freeway driving so far. Added roof rack - solid metal rack, and sport running boards as well as D/N mirror. Perfect family car.

Great Ride
By Jake on 11/22/06 13:50 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We never thought we would find a better ride than our 2004 Tahoe.This vehicle has a big car ride and handles like a sport car. We have had the new vehicle for a month and we have not seen another one on the road. I would find it hard to believe that there is a better midsize SUV on the road.

Wow!! Amazing, Best of All, AWESOME!!!
By Jaya on 11/17/06 15:18 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We test drive different SUVs in its class but MDX has outdone themselves with excellent interior and exterior. While we enjoy driving this, people's heads start turning on the freeway. It was a worth wait to get MDX sh-awd acura advance which has best performance and value. You don't have to think twice before buying MDX because it's got the whole nine yards. Go get it.

Wow!! What a ride
By Mitman on 11/16/06 20:24 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I didn't have to test drive any other after I test drove the MDX. I bought the car on the same day. The ride is excellent. I love the interior design. With 300 hp, you will feel that pick-up. I chose MDX with Tech package, didn't go for the entertainment package since I don't have kids yet. Good luck.

This SUV may be "just right"
By RWM on 11/16/06 16:29 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My land cruiser was too big, my FX45 was a lot of fun but too small for family trips, hopefully this is just right. Plan to spend a night in the garage learning the new toys. There is room for my wife's luggage, the kids and dad's luggage and the golf clubs. Not as fast as my FX45 but performace is as advertised and does not disapoint. Sport and Ent. package provide the technology and ride quality you want, toys for the kids, room and comfort for the wife and family. The styling is better and more masculine than last year. It looks like a SUV rather than a minivan. Looks better with side step running boards and roof rack.

The 07 is the best
By John on 11/15/06 15:28 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 7th SUV and my 3rd MDX. The 07 MDX is in a class by itself. I shopped other brands. Handling and quick steering response are greatly improved. Interior and exterior are beautiful. The manual shift mode is fun. The driver's comfort and positioning with instruments and gear shift were well conceived. I would have liked to have had items in the entertainment package such as electric tail gait and heated second row seats. 3rd row seats are still cramped. Missing are the automatic wipers, and auto dimming mirror (which didn't work with the privacy glass in the rear). This is a thrilling car to drive and own. I wouldn't trade it for the more expensive BMW X3 or Mercedes.

Great Handling Balance
By Burt on 11/13/06 09:34 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

A great car for those that need the third row but love to drive. What really sets the '07 apart for us is the handling on the Sport model. Power is good enough, interior is beautiful, exterior is nice in black. But this thing has fantastically controlled body motion, very little lean, good steering. And the SH-AWD really works, rotating the car even at moderate throttle. None of the ponderous SUV feel, understeer, etc. We are coming from a BMW 528i wagon with a sport suspension, and the MDX is very pleasant surprise.

2007 Acura MDX
By Vic J. on 11/12/06 14:09 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice vehicle overall, but not outstanding. Acceleration (off-the-line) is not very strong and feels only very slightly better than my previous '02 MDX. Once it gets going (around 3500 RPM) the engine comes to life. Don't see all the hype about SuperHandling-AWD - much better than the old model, but not any better than others such as the new BMW X5. Ride comfort great with the Active dampers! and front seats are excellent! - but fuel economy is a big disappointment - only getting around 12mpg city and 18 mpg highway at 75mph. (I have about 1650 miles on my MDX.)

SUV To Consider FOR SURE!!
By Gret SUV on 11/11/06 13:30 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV. I had done my research against Lexus, Audi, Toyota and Honda. This SUV offers a lot in standard features compared to other manufacturers which are all options. This SUV also has the horsepower of V8 competitors all in Acura's new 3.7L V6. This is definitely a light SUV you should consider and put on the list. I love being the only one on the road. The looks I get etc. We got the rare color Steel Blue.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.