2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great Decision
By left1 on 09/03/05 10:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Before deciding on the MDX we checked out a lot of SUVs. What sold us was the Honda/Acura quality and dependablity as well as the feel of this SUV. We have had 9 Honda/Acura products and this one is great! Handles better than a lot of cars and rides better than most as well. We took it on a 12 hour trip and were very pleased. We have not had any problems with the MDX. The longer we have this SUV the more we like it!

I like it.
By baradlee on 08/20/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing really to complain about except..GAS MILEAGE. In Southern California, in stop and go driving, 13.8 mpg. On the highway to Wyoming I did get 24 mpg. The V-6 has to move a lot of mass and I guess the gas mileage suffers.

Very Satisfied
By KeithK on 08/18/05 08:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My MDX has been fantastic so far - a great family car. I've averaged 20 mpg (on mostly highway driving), which is a bit higher than I expected. Acceleration is quite good, and the car is really comfortable. Good cupholders, radio reception (things that are more important than you think).

A great minivan alternative
By Hangdog on 08/15/05 11:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the seating for 7. Driving the MDX feels like driving a car, no heavy truck feel. I think I'll stay with this one for a while!

I Love My MDX
By Shelley N on 06/26/05 09:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving an SUV for 16 years and this is by far my favorite of the lot! I bought my 1st MDX 4 years ago when they first hit the market and I now have my 2nd. I love the look and the ride is comfortable and car like. It is totally reliable and the size is perfect for a sports Mom with 3 growing boys. I can't imagine a better SUV available in this price range! Drive one and you will be hooked

Love My MDX!
By Paula on 05/12/05 17:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I appreciate the way my MDX handles. It is as comfortable as a sedan, yet with all the added space and uses like a truck. I am extremely pleased.

Balanced Luxury Utility Vehicle
By Max on 05/07/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I looked at several luxury and non-luxury 7-passenger SUVs. The list included the Toyota Highlander, Cadillac SRX, Volvo XC90, Honda Pilot, Mercedes ML, and more. The SRX was the most fun to drive, but the XC90 had more safety features. The ML had the best "luxury" interior, but the Highlander and Pilot were all priced considerably less. Well, the MDX has more HP than the SRX, is second in crash tests to only the XC90, has better reliability than the Benz, and is more prestigious than a Toyota and Honda combined. Winning combination in our book!

Better than average crossover suv
By jsa on 04/04/05 13:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at the all-too-vanilla Honda Pilot for while, but we decided that it was so Honda that we couldn't bring ourselves to buy one. The MDX is a good compromise between blah and full-blown luxury. The ext. styling leaves something to be desired,but the versatility of the interior is what sold us over the Lexus RX330. We carry anything and everything in the MDX. Acura could do much better by adding the basic $38k items like daytime lights, seat memory and auto wipers. Ride is ultra smooth and quiet. Plenty of power and nicely appointed inside. A bit pricey for what it is though. Add auto-locking doors and power pass. seat to up the sense of value!

2005 MDX Premium
By RedSox18 on 04/02/05 09:56 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had Hondas for 15 years and have owned two CRV's during that time. This Acura was a bit of a splurge for me, but I felt it was a step above the Honda Pilot, offering a solid, quality vehicle with a little more luxury, comfort and style. I spend a couple of hours per day in my car, so I am pleased with the purchase so far. I have two kids, and the MDX comes standard with side curtain airbags, which the Pilot does not. So far, I am impressed with the MDX and the smooth ride and responsive handling. It handles well in rain and snow, and hugs dry pavement much better than my small SUVs. Highly recommend this quality vehicle. Loads of room, too!

Satisfied
By songbird on 02/16/05 22:53 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very, very pleased with my MDX. It handles like a car and has great power. I love the room that it has for my family and the interior is squite comfortable. The third seat is a major plus that comes standard with this vehicle. I have also been pleased with the gas mileage that I get with my MDX.