2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
MDX Review
By George on 12/26/04 01:54 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car is quieter and rides better than I thought it would. New blue metallic color looks really great. This is truly a very high quality car. Also has storage compartment under floor in cargo area and many handy storage bins throughout passenger area.

Perfect
By keehn on 12/21/04 16:29 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a 2-month search and test drives of the FX-45, RS-330, Touareg, SRX, & XC-90, I short-listed the Lexus RS-330 and the MDX. I found the MDX to be the all around winner.

Fun car, but...
By Jimbo on 12/19/04 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very smooth ride in comparison to my two prior Ford Explorers. Enjoy the nav system however still learning commands and touch screen can be hard to not make mistakes. A heating problem has developed in our car, and the same issue with a neighbor who has the same car. The local dealer is stumped. Not a good feature in the winter. Other than this the car is great.

Great value
By Aaron on 12/19/04 02:20 AM (PST)

Hands down the best automobile I've owned. Did lots of research on SUV's before deciding on the MDX, and so far I haven't been sorry with my decision. great zip, room for 7, and the Navigation system that never ceases to amaze. Awesome sound system; rear DVD a must have for those with kids. Incredible number of features for the money. Very refined car, with the quality of Honda to back it up. Every control right where it's supposed to be - when you get into the drivers seat of this vehicle, you'll feel right at home!

What a car!!
By Brandi on 12/15/04 09:43 AM (PST)

After test-driving 15+ different SUV's, the Acura won out. We seriously looked at the Lexus but with only 5 seats, it wasn't large enough for the option of my children's friends accompanying us anywhere. The navigation system is awesome, and a lot of fun to use. The reverse camera is very useful, although you can be fooled with the scale of it (everything looks far away). You can get spoiled with the automatic wipers, speeding up/slowing down as needed. Very useful for city driving. The Bose sound system is awesome. The entertainment system displays the XM songs and artists on the screen, which the children have been having a lot of fun with. I can't gush enough - I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looked at them all Acura best in class!!
By cdepaola on 12/07/04 19:42 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at and test drove all of the other midsized SUV's in the Acura MDX's class. We found the best deal and the best car to be the Acura. Fit was great, and we felt it looked to be the most upscale interior and exterior.

raoanil review
By raoanil on 12/04/04 10:16 AM (PST)

This is a great SUV for the money. It provides a comfortable ride and is a very high quality product. I would clearly recommend this to anyone in the market for a luxury SUV.

Acura 2004 base model
By Gotcha on 11/27/04 14:37 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent. Everything I wanted except good gas mileage!!! Great value for all that is included and great performance.

Wonderful car... but not perfect
By andygs400 on 11/27/04 01:16 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had this car for a couple weeks now, but I absolutely love it. It definitely has its shortcomings, but the car as a whole makes up for it. Drove it from Phoenix to LA and back and I was never more comfortable. Great blend of utility and luxury. I would definitely get the Touring package because the little luxuries are great.

M D X
By Edgardo on 11/16/04 00:54 AM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great every day car, high, responsive and safe. 3rd seat is great if you need it, but you are taking away confort in the 2nd seats. Navigation system is awesome, worth the extra money and so is the quality of sound.