2003 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great space
By phild_mason on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I decided to eat my words and buy an SUV. The kids are getting bigger and the space will be handy. Typical Acura, simple and functional. Performance is good. Cruising is smooth and quiet for an SUV

TRANSMISSION FLAW
By HYMAXX on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 9 months of fun hell broke loose with only 7,000 miles. The transmission makes an unusual loud slamming noise when I shift to reverse or drive. The dealer can not and did not fix the transmission problem. MDX is an affordable luxury SUV but the interior is made of cheap materials. After all the headache that my wife and I went through with ACURA I replaced the MDX with a BMW X5, I should have bought the X5 in the first place.

Acura MDX Frenzy
By Johnny Garcia on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Love it, no complaints

Lovin' My MDX
By Tracei C on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An EXCEPTIONAL vehicle! The softest leather I've ever encountered in a car, the BOSE sound is truly premium, handles like a dream, takes corners like a hot knife through warm butter! Build quality is superior to every other SUV I've driven by far. Have had my MDX for over 1 year now, and still lovin it as much as I did the very first day. A TRUE DREAM MACHINE.

disappointed
By alias6276 on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning the vehicle for 6 months I wished I had purchased something else. Its not worth the money. Although the performance is good, it falls short of my expectation for a luxury SUV. The lousy gas mileage (not getting the rated mileage) combined with the premium gas makes me ill every time I pull up to the pump. They say you shouldn't buy a car you can't afford to drive. I can afford it but I would rather spend my money elsewhere. The main reason I bought it was for the resale value, just didn't think I would have to cash in so soon.

Acura MDX 2004
By JHCleveland on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before buying this car. After studying many other mid-sized SUV's I decided on this model. It has more than met my expectations. It is a pleasure to drive and I have had no problems with it at all. Admittedly, I have only owned the car since December, but it was bought after an accident I had. I was very fearful of driving. I got over my fears in this car more rapidly than I had in the past because I felt so secure in the car. I was told that I might have minor repairs needed in the beginning, however, nothing has failed to work properly. This is the only car I have had that I would absolutely buy again!!

Outstanding vehicle
By TML on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We also own a BMW X5, Lexus RX300, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Lexus LX470. The MDX is the best vehicle of all. Very quiet, smooth and comfortable. Exactly the right size. The car just does everything well.

We Love It
By pdempsey on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best vehical we've ever had. NAVI system is great. Everything works every time. Wife only like small cars but loves driving the X.

MDX Has It All
By spain on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Buy this vehicle! It has been a pleasure to own. And the dealership is just great!

MDX nut
By fritzthecat on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

High quality all the way around.