Used 2003 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Excellent vehicle
By OverTime1

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After looking closely at the Volvo XC90 my wife and I ended up with the MDX. We now have over 7500 miles on it and it has been TREMENDOUS vehicle. Outstanding ride quality, power, comfort and utility.

Favorite Features

Where to start? Transmission, engine, nav system, entertainment system, suspension, build quality, looks (pretty subjective), utility.

Suggested Improvements

Side airbags for the 2nd and 3rd rows.

great value
By very happy

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at many midsize luxury SUV's and this offered the best quality/cost of ownership/luxury for the price. I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, spaciousness, fold flat rear seat, 260 HP engine

Suggested Improvements

better left foot rest, better quality interior wood trim, ability to open rear window

A+
By matthewjoshua

2003 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX is excellent and fun to drive -- - very roomy and lots of cargo space. It is quiet and surely drives like a car. Has lots of power and real easy to drive. It is also fuel economy. I love it's 2003 overall look. I am so glad that I bought the MDX. It's worth the money. Thank you.

Favorite Features

The chrome spokes; chrome stepping, chrome door handles, beautiful exterior redrock lava color and saddle leather interior. Great navigational and DVD entertainment center.

acura mdx
By cavender

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having owned Explorer Limiteds, and having driven Lexus, Mercedes, GMC, Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, and other SUV's, this is definitely and clearly the best luxury SUV for the money. Extremely low maintenance and excellent dealer service. Very quiet but powerful. Comfortable ride, high visibility, well-built, good tracking, very versatile, packs a lot of gear. Have never used the thrid seat, and luckily, it folds flat so it offers good storage in back. This is easily the best SUV on the market. I told Ford I would never be back.

Favorite Features

Powerful, quiet, smooth engine.

Suggested Improvements

None. Can't wait to see the next version.

I Love My MDX
By Sandranna

2003 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Researched cars 3 yrs, chose MDX.Waited 9 mos (switch from '02 to '03,delayed it a few months).Well worth the wait! I accessorized it so it's the sharpest one I've seen yet.Very sporty!I'm 54, had a Buick LeSabre for 11 yrs.Needed something sharp, sporty. I drive safer now: with it's weight, it's a weapon. It's L/W are same as my Buick, but it took me a long time to get used to driv- ing it.I did purchase a larger rearview mirror for help with backing up. Didn't know about the rear camera when I bought this; that whole package is EX- PENSIVE but I’d now consider it to help with backing up. A great car,passengers love it, & I plan to keep it 15-20 yrs!

Favorite Features

Sun roof, interior (so comfy), constant mileage gage (I'm more conscious about not wasting gas now), sound system: AWESOME, love the controls for the Radio et al on the steering wheel & although I didn't love the looks at first, now I think it's the nicest looking SUV of it's size.

Suggested Improvements

Larger rear view mirror. If it's going to have the 2 extra seats in the back, it should allow more leg room and an easier way to exit in case of emergency exit. Can't think of anything else!