Used 2002 Toyota Prius Sedan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Prius Sedan

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (77 reviews )

Buying another Prius!
By Strico

2002 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We do a lot of driving between towns in CT, and this has been a great car for that. We put about 20k miles/year on the car and have had zero problems. Our mileage has averaged between 42-50 mpg (more in summer, plus I have a tendency to speed). We're selling our '02 Prius, and have just bought an '05 Prius. We're loyal hybrid fans.

Kansan loves the Prius
By Jerry N.

2002 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After four and a half years of Prius ownership we have sold ours to our son and bought a new one. The only real failure we had with the 2002 model was a computer failure that was repaired under warranty. We really love the way the Prius educates you to be a more economical driver. Would I buy another? Already have!!

Fuel economy and display features. Comfort over long distances.

Prius review
By Prii_luver

2002 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car get phenomenal gas mileage, looks good and is fun to drive for a small car. People are always surprised on how fast the car moves for a small car, it is not a race car, but the electric motor gives a lot of torque from a dead stop. I also have a feel good experience that I am not contributing to global warming and sending oil money to countries that hate us.

Gas mileage and driving around in stealth mode (electric mode) only.

Bigger arm rest in the center and standard cruise, had to purchase after market.

I love my Prius
By MaryBB

2002 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Prius for two years now. I bought it used with only 18,000 miles on it. It handles the road well, with a minimum of turning base, and it takes these West Virginia hills like nothing. I would buy a new one because the seats in this one do not fold down, but it's been so good for me I hate to get rid of it.

It had the Navigator with it and I love that as an extra.

Low cost and fun too
By Mike Hahn

2002 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Prius. I will never buy another automobile. I have been in the mountains of West Virginia and North Carolina, and the plains of Illinois and have never had a problem. I just do the oil changes and tires and enjoy the ride. I average 48-55 mpg and have gotten up to 62 mpg in the city. What a feeling!!! Toyota!!!